Please Help With WeatherBug

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
My weatherbug (free one) stopped working this morning so I uninstalled it and redownloaded and installed it again. Now I can't for the life of me see a way to set the icon back to the larger size where it shows the graphic symbol of the temp and such, not just the little bug icon. I've searched everywhere, the settings button while in weatherbug and the main settings -> applications screen on the Droid.

Any help would be appreciated.

As Always,

TIA

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't usually post something unless I have a possible remedy, but this is weather bug and I really don't understand why people like this app so much.

Back in the PC days it was one of the first known sources of spywear.

With the Blackberry Storm it was a known Battery Hog and caused other issues.

Now people with the Droid are having issues with it too. There are better weather apps out there, I like The Weather Channels App it's free. I realize this is only an icon issue and maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it but I just wouldn't have it on my phone.

The above commentary is given absolutely freely and may and probably will be totally ignored.:)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the free WeatherBug and the large icon is 1x2 and small is 1x1. The paid version goes across all 4 panels (1x4)

Scribble

Reaction score
My weatherbug (free one) stopped working this morning so I uninstalled it and redownloaded and installed it again. Now I can't for the life of me see a way to set the icon back to the larger size where it shows the graphic symbol of the temp and such, not just the little bug icon. I've searched everywhere, the settings button while in weatherbug and the main settings -> applications screen on the Droid.

As Always,

TIA

It's a widget-

Long press on an open area of the screen, and then it'll vibrate, and up will pop a menu. Select widgets, and then scroll until you find the weatherbug one you want.

Dream

Reaction score
I have had 0 problems with WB on my Storm and now my Droid. I have the paid version just for the animated radar, I love it. No issues what-so-ever.

jbsangel

Reaction score
It's a widget-

Long press on an open area of the screen, and then it'll vibrate, and up will pop a menu. Select widgets, and then scroll until you find the weatherbug one you want.
+1
Right now, OP, you are adding the program shortcut to the homescreen, instead of the widget. Just add the widget like Scribble has described.

I don't usually post something unless I have a possible remedy, but this is weather bug and I really don't understand why people like this app so much.
Not sure why simple operator error provided a podium to bash a simple app. If you don't like it, don't use it, LOL.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score

As Always,

TIA

It's a widget-

Thanks a ton! :) I remember doing just that, now that you mention it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Now people with the Droid are having issues with it too. There are better weather apps out there, I like The Weather Channels App it's free. I realize this is only an icon issue and maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of it but I just wouldn't have it on my phone.

The above commentary is given absolutely freely and may and probably will be totally ignored.:)

Ditto to this.

jbsangel

Reaction score
ugh the weather channel widget is just fugly.

i sure do like to ware ads with my spywear.

Scribble

Reaction score
Weatherbug seemed to offer more choices then weather channel one.

Demo24

Reaction score

Probably because the weather channel's widget is terribly ugly, not to mention the poor options menu, that damn annoying notification icon, and in general just annoying to use. Only thing good about it is the info is pretty decent, albeit it somewhat sparse at times. Considering all the things it has running I can't imagine its good for battery either.

The one they package with 2.1 is better, but it doesn't update your temp for what it is currently. So, they stepped backward in that department.

I've yet to find a weather 'whatever' that I really like. The weather forecast widget by Francois Deslandes, however is my current favorite. Seems to work pretty well and looks ok on the free version(many skins on paid).

PhoneSter

Reaction score
Get the paid version. Works great on droid, low battery use. I have work and home widgets set up as knowing weather is part of my job and home is 30 miles from the lake (mostly colder in the winter) anyway, zero problems even with 15 minute updates. I like the notifications. My home screen I use beautiful widgets and it weather source (unknown) tracks very close to weather bug