Please help with GB problem

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Ok so I think something got screwed up while installing GB. Having a few problems with it right now. First thing on the list. I am only getting this ROM to report in 20% increments not 10% like everyone else i have talked to. Second thing on the list is that when I go to change the battery meter and look in Ninjamorph, all the charging animations (batt meter) are still the Darkslide meters. This after 3 SBF's and 5 factory resets before installing the deodexed GB leak. I have no clue what is going on or how to fix it. That is why I am turning to the mass of minds here in the Forum. Any one have ANY ideas what to try next??? I am just killing time on GB until DS 4.3 drops but I still want to enjoy it the way it was meant to be until that time. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Last edited:

jzmax22

Reaction score
I believe you are suppose to install the the GB rooted leak and then install the deodexed version over the top, not a fresh install from the deodexed version. i could be wrong, but i had a similar problem and i installed the rooted leak first and then the deodexed on top with no problems! hope this helps

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I did it that way after the sbf and factory resets. I went back to stock .340 (after I rooted that I checked the framework and saw the darkslide batt meters still there then.) then went to the pre rooted GB and from there went to the deodexed GB.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of the freamework.res file. I have not used DS since GB came out and like I said I have done 3 SBF's and tons of factory resets so these meters shouldn't be there. Also why am I the only one getting the ROM in 20% batt increments?? That one really has me stumped.

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Well hook I'm starting to feel a little cursed here.....lol. Just can't figure this out.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have no clue why your getting 20% vs 10% increments. Actually I'm not on GB anymore. Couldn't stand not getting even 15 hours of battery life on it. GB is horrible.

Only thing I can suggest if you try another fresh install is...I wiped dalvik, battery stats, factory reset and then regular cache before my install. And I actually got into Ninja Morph breifly so I could help someone find a progress bar. My icons weren't messed up like that. So I don't know man :( Kinda stumped.

//Tap'd on my DX & I'm on Twitter@chkm4te20\\

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
My batt life hasn't been too bad. Right around 20 hrs or so. For the stock battery I guess that's ok. All this is makin me want to JUMP back to DS.

I can't understand what could have happened. I did 5 more Factory resets this morning in stock recovery and wiped the cache there too. When it rebooted all my metamorphed meters were still there. I'm not sure if the factory reset just won't take or what.

That's why over in MDW i asked if even BBC could chime in on this. Building ROM's i would think he may have come across something like this before. I'm almost ready to 'accidentaly' b reak my phone and start fresh....haha

Last edited:
OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
My other thing is that even when DS 4.? comes out, is that gonna fix what's going on or is the framework screwed for good now?

OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
That write up is good but if this GB leak has everyone else on 10% then I should be too. I mean I dl the same files that they did. I must be missing something somewhere. Maybe GB just isn't for me or my x.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
cubsfan187

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Well 5 more SBF's and countless factory resets and cache wipes later.....STILL NO LUCK!!! Even tried maderstck340.zip and that didn't work either. I give up!!! I'm ready to break this thing and pay the insurance fee and start with a fresh phone. I cannot believe that this is so broke that even sbf'ing will not fix it. I wish someone knew what was going on. I appreciate the thoughts so far.

XDRDX

Reaction score
Well 5 more SBF's and countless factory resets and cache wipes later.....STILL NO LUCK!!! Even tried maderstck340.zip and that didn't work either. I give up!!! I'm ready to break this thing and pay the insurance fee and start with a fresh phone. I cannot believe that this is so broke that even sbf'ing will not fix it. I wish someone knew what was going on. I appreciate the thoughts so far.

If you are having trouble and full sbf fails try the system only it has saved my DX a few times.

Also things like your framework can get stuck in cache but that is odd. The images come from the framework-res.apk, which would have been replaced if you had done a SBF.

You could try clearing the davlik cache from clockwork recovery in the advanced menu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rruready

Reaction score

If no one else is going to say it, I will. You are talking about committing insurance fraud, which is the very reason why rooting, as we know it, may cease to exist soon. These manufacturers are locking their phones down more than we've ever known because of people like you. When you root your phone, and the phone becomes unusable (for whatever the reason), you should man up and buy a new one. It's not Verizon's or Motorola's fault that you installed your leaked un-approved software on their hardware and can't get it back to your likings. When I chose to root my phone, I thought about whether I really wanted to buy another one if I f'ed it up and I felt it was worth it. Apparently you thought "I'll just commit insurance fraud if I eff it up." So I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh, but I'm tired of reading "help, help, help, I f'ed up my phone....oh you don't have the answer? I'll just commit insurance fraud and everyone wins *wink wink*." The fact is, everyone loses....because of you. The moment you rooted, that phone became your problem. Deal with it like a man.