please help my droid root apps dont detect my droid being rooted!! PLZ HELP!!

Natandroid

Reaction score
:mad:For some reason when i use "set cpu" or "rom manager" app they dont detect my droid being rooted, and my phone is really slow because im using ultimate droid's custom rom. and when i check the superuser permissions app all it shows is a blank black screen. someone plz help!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the fastest solution but im pretty sure an unroot and reroot should fix it

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are about three or four threads about this exact issue on this board. Check them out. I don't think anyone has come up with anything cleaver yet.

How did you root your phone. Did you install via Rom Manager prior to this problem?

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the fastest solution but im pretty sure an unroot and reroot should fix it
i cant unroot or reroot because of the recovery i have. it has issues, the recovery is clockworkmod recovery v1.7.8.1. it doesnt detect my nandroid backup and i dont know how to unroot with this recovery.

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
There are about three or four threads about this exact issue on this board. Check them out. I don't think anyone has come up with anything cleaver yet.

How did you root your phone. Did you install via Rom Manager prior to this problem?
no it has nothing to do with the rom manager. it stop detecting my root ever scince i used my phone at 1200 mghz and then it froze up, so i reboot and i got stuck in reboot loop, so i reboot in recovery and i do factory reset, and deleted all my settings. this helped me get back to my phone but root apps stopped workin. any ideas??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

no it has nothing to do with the rom manager. it stop detecting my root ever scince i used my phone at 1200 mghz and then it froze up, so i reboot and i got stuck in reboot loop, so i reboot in recovery and i do factory reset, and deleted all my settings. this helped me get back to my phone but root apps stopped workin. any ideas??

Have you tried running dmupdater to see if that will fix your root issue? I ran a version of UD that broke root for me as well.

Last edited:
OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score

Have you tried running dmupdater to see if that will fix your root issue? I ran a version of UD that broke root for me as well.
yea i tried dm updater but i get this message."looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given dm updater access yet. You *must* check the remeber box!" and other that message it has a button that says check again, so i click on it and the same message appears. Any ideas??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
do i download 32 or 64 bit, and do i download 2.00 or 2.01, and will it recover all my contacts and downloads when i sign in??
P.S. thanks for sticking by me..

What are you running on your pc? 32bit or 64bit windows? And 2.0.1 would be the one you need. Your contacts are tied to your gmail so they are always safe. What downloads are you worried about? If its your apps log into you google account and make sure everything is synced before you run the sbf. When you reboot after your apps should come back automatically. Just don't do anything until notification of apps restored. If it doesn't do this automatically they will still show up in the market under downloads. Any other downloads are stored on your sdcard and are unaffected. Of course you can also get titanium backup and it will backup and restore everything for you as well.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this issue and couldn't find/figure out a solution so I just flashed a new rom. The issue is that you are rooted but aren't being given the permissions prompt. So since you can never give the apps permission, they can't do what they need. :(

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
do i download 32 or 64 bit, and do i download 2.00 or 2.01, and will it recover all my contacts and downloads when i sign in??

What are you running on your pc? 32bit or 64bit windows? And 2.0.1 would be the one you need. Your contacts are tied to your gmail so they are always safe. What downloads are you worried about? If its your apps log into you google account and make sure everything is synced before you run the sbf. When you reboot after your apps should come back automatically. Just don't do anything until notification of apps restored. If it doesn't do this automatically they will still show up in the market under downloads. Any other downloads are stored on your sdcard and are unaffected. Of course you can also get titanium backup and it will backup and restore everything for you as well.
one more thing what program do i need to open .sbf files??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

You need rsdlite and be sure to follow the directions in the thread to a "T". Will get you back to stock so you can start all over again.

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score

You need rsdlite and be sure to follow the directions in the thread to a "T". Will get you back to stock so you can start all over again.

Thanks for all your help. saved my phone:)