please help my droid keeps making beeping noises and it wont stop

prblmchld615

Reaction score
i just got a new droid cuz my old one broke and now it makes beeping noises on everything i do! sometimes it just beeps like 4 times in a row when im not using it. the only way to turn it off is to turn the media volume off

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you installed any apps?

OP
P

prblmchld615

Reaction score
well i installed weather app and open home but it started the second i turned the phone on...it even does it in silent mode

dtartini

Reaction score
i just got a new droid cuz my old one broke and now it makes beeping noises on everything i do! sometimes it just beeps like 4 times in a row when im not using it. the only way to turn it off is to turn the media volume off

I'm not sure why it would beep if you are not using it but if "audible selection" is turned on it will beep while you navigate the phone. Settings>sound and display>audible selection.

OP
P

prblmchld615

Reaction score
my audible selection has been turned off the whole time....ive never had this problem with my other droid idk why its doing it ive never heard this kind of beep before

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would do a Factory Reset and if that didn't help, I would be going back to VZW.

OP
P

prblmchld615

Reaction score
omg yes i did it...the phone had soundback checked off in the accessibility section i dont know why but i fixed it thanks for the help tho =)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Menu / Settings / Privacy / Factory data reset (last choice). You'll have to reload your apps after it's done, but like they said, if that doesn't fix it you need to go back to Verizon. Good luck!

Bel

Reaction score
My phone won't stop beeping and I can't sleep.Why?

Bel

Reaction score
who knows, what is the full model number of the phone. in the meantime, if you cannot sleep, turn the phone off or turn off the volume

It doesn't beep in the evening it also beeps all the time.Is there any thing I can do to stop it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It doesn't beep in the evening it also beeps all the time.Is there any thing I can do to stop it.
Good morning. This thread is from 2010, and for the original Motorola Droid. Is that what you are currently using? Or do you have a newer Droid model? Or a phone that's not a Verizon Droid branded phone?

When you open Settings > Sound and Notification there must be something checked, or an On / Off toggle set to On for some Sound Setting causing the phone to beep. A lot of those Settings have changed over the years, so knowing which phone model would help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

and that is why you should never post for help in someone elses thread, it can get confusing to us old folks who want to help but don't always pay attention to the date and user name

Last edited: