Please help me

canyoutellme

Reaction score
Okay, I have a question, is it possible for someone to receive a free droid because they have simply been a member of verison for a while? Why I essentially ask is because my roomate wont pay rent and insists she has no money, but some how aquired a brand new droid which she claims she received for free because shes a member of verison. I do see that if you switch your plan you can get one for 19.99 but with an activation fee of 35$ however, can someone simply get it for nothing?

RoNYC

Reaction score
To my knowledge, no. I have been with verizon since my first phone and I could never get anything for free from them.

HCdroid

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be mean or an a## but...does it matter? free droid/paid droid at the end of the day your roommate has not paid rent...if you're the lease holder evict her...good luck!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon doesnt give anything away, everything comes with strings. The fact that your roommate can pay her VZW bill means that she's stiffing you (and it sounds like you're pretty easy to stiff).

What happens next month when your roommate cant pay rent again? Do you get her TV? Car tires? More importantly, what happens when your roommate moves out and takes all of her stuff with her (because it is hers unless you can prove otherwise in writing).

Find yourself a new roommate. Are you subletting? Or is your roommate on the lease as a party? If it's the former, you may be in for a trip to small claims, but if it's the latter, you can use that as leverage with your landlord/property manager and simply pay your share and let your landlord deal with your deadbeat roommate.

DiscoStu65

Reaction score
i've had verizon since i was 17 years old. I'm 31 now and verizon wouldn't back up my renewal date 2 months to help me out on a cheaper droid from amazon.com.

short answer: no effing way. time to give your roommate the boot, or take the droid as "owed rent money"

R

Romple

Well since "Droid Does" maybe her Droid can pay her rent for her? if not tell her to gtfo imo.

knightfall

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps but Letstalk.com offers Motorola Droid for $19.99 but it doesn't mention anything about current Verizon customers upgrading with them to get this price.

fis

Reaction score
Actually, you can do better than free.

Wirefly just dropped the price on the Droid for Verizon upgrades to $19.99. This price applies to the first two lines on a family plan as well. There is no activation fee for upgrading customers. No tax. Free shipping.

If you start your session at Bing.com with a search for "Wirefly," click on the Bing cashback link at the top, and you'll get $50 per phone back from Microsoft.

So two Droids would be $40, and you'll get $100 back from Microsoft.

That being said, if you can't pay rent, how will you pay your data bill to Verizon Wireless on a 2-year contract?