Please help asap

mohitrocks

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if flashing an sbf (to root milestone) erases all the data and apps. I bought Exzeus, and I do not want to re-buy it after flashing the sbf. Please tell me asap, as I really want root.

TekHawk

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if flashing an sbf (to root milestone) erases all the data and apps. I bought Exzeus, and I do not want to re-buy it after flashing the sbf. Please tell me asap, as I really want root.

it does but if you buy stuff from the market it should just let you redownload it you might also want to look into astro to back up the apk files

OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info. Just to clarify, when I root my 2.1 telus milestone with the vulnerable recovery sbf it will erase everything? If so, is there another method? Also, if not, is there a way I can, make a backup without nandroid ( too hard). All I want to do is backup my apps. Also, is there a way to tether to ipod touch from milestone without root? I have heard of a custom bootloader that has nandroid backup option, but I am not sure about it needing root. The problem with me is, using ADB. I can never set it up right, and it never works. Also, I will be very grateful if someone could guide me through installing a custom theme like droid x or nexus one after root. Thanks, and any info is greatly appreciated.

Szadzik

Reaction score
Vulnerable recovery does nothing to the contents of your phone like apps etc.

OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Are you 100% sure that vulnerable recovery sbf does nothing to the contents of your phone? Also, just to confirm biy will work, I have bootloader 90.74 or w.e. the last number is 4 though.

Szadzik

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Are you 100% sure that vulnerable recovery sbf does nothing to the contents of your phone? Also, just to confirm biy will work, I have bootloader 90.74 or w.e. the last number is 4 though.

I am sure it does nothing to the phone except allowing you to root it.

As for the compatible bootloader versions, check the threads, I do not remember those by heart.

OP
M

mohitrocks

Reaction score

I am sure it does nothing to the phone except allowing you to root it.

As for the compatible bootloader versions, check the threads, I do not remember those by heart.

Thankyou soo much :D I'm going to go ahead and try the root. I have two more questions. A big problem with me is, that I get alot of apps from the market and I do not have enough space. I have heard that by rooting you can free up some space. Is this true? I think I have done it on 2.0.1, but not on 2.1, and if it is possible, can you please let me know how? Also, is there any way to tether to an ipod touch using my phone with no root?