Playing music in your car via Droid

thinkamp

Reaction score
I had the droid a couple weeks back and could not get music that I loaded to my droid to play in the car. My BB will play music via USB...with the droid do I have to play with via AUX?

Any help is welcomed! Thanks!

AMP

Last edited:

GeLopez

Reaction score
if your car stereo has bluetooth then you can use a2dp.

if your car stero has a tape player use the headphone jack from droid to cassete.

or you can buy an inexpensive fm transmitter. set your stereo to an empty station and play.

some options

defdrums

Reaction score
I was wondering this too. My car head unit has a USB input and I can easily play an iPod or somthing through it. I have heard that the Droid doesn't allow music to playback through the USP cable but some head units will "mount" the SD card and be able to play it this way. I wonder if a future software update will allow someone to play music through a head unit but control it on the droid. Or maybe even an app? any developers??

OP
thinkamp

thinkamp

Reaction score
I have mine going from the headphone port to the aux port on my car stereo...works like a champ.
sounds like i just need to use my aux port. :dry:

if your car stereo has bluetooth then you can use a2dp.

if your car stero has a tape player use the headphone jack from droid to cassete.

or you can buy an inexpensive fm transmitter. set your stereo to an empty station and play.

some options
i have a headunit with a usb and aux port.

I was wondering this too. My car head unit has a USB input and I can easily play an iPod or somthing through it. I have heard that the Droid doesn't allow music to playback through the USP cable but some head units will "mount" the SD card and be able to play it this way. I wonder if a future software update will allow someone to play music through a head unit but control it on the droid. Or maybe even an app? any developers??
yea i like playing through USB because you can change the song through the head unit...can you do that through the aux port does anyone know?