plastic film

bobneumann

Reaction score
this is dumb but i have to ask. the plastic on the back of the motorola droid between the keyboard and the screen (its on the back side of the screen) is that suppose to come off or is that a glide pad? because i took a little corner off and it was pretty hard to get off, more so then the rest of the plastic i took off.

jweber

Reaction score
I think its a glide pad of some sort, it didn't bother me so I left it on. I wanted to wait until monday when I hear back from Motorola on whether to remove it or not.

OP
B

bobneumann

Reaction score
I think its a glide pad of some sort, it didn't bother me so I left it on. I wanted to wait until monday when I hear back from Motorola on whether to remove it or not.

o awesome would you hit me up when you get the word?!

Zippster

Reaction score
Theres a post around here somewhere about it and some taking it off to make the keyboard slide easier, with the custom cut of it, looks like it was meant to stay IMO.

lyoko37

Reaction score
I just took mine off today, removing it definitely helps the sliding of the device. It goes up and down much more smoothly.

:)

txskeets

Reaction score
I would also be curious to know if that plastic is supposed to come off. I havent tried to take it off, but you can definately see the 'track' marks on it from sliding the screen up and down.

OP
B

bobneumann

Reaction score
yes you can see the marks. well we will see once motorola gets back to that one guy about it.

m0nkee

Reaction score
I can see small air bubbles on mine as well, anxious to see what the reply is.

noles200

Reaction score
Not that it means anything but it wasn't on the back of the two droids in the VZW store here in NJ.

tubatime1010

Reaction score
I went ahead and tossed all fears aside and peeled mine off...

You wont be sorry. It's nice and glossy but it has tracks for the sliding thingies inside. It makes the up/down motion much, much easier!

txskeets

Reaction score
After reading Tuba's post, I decided to do the same thing to mine and pull the plastic off. After removing it, I have to belive that it is supposed to be removed. The back looks much nicer without it and I cant believe for a minute that something was supposed to be on the back of the screen which would let the track marks from sliding up and down show like that. Completely detracts from the 'style' of the phone having those track marks showing up. So, right or wrong, I did it and I'm happy! :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Removing it makes it slide smoother, look nicer, and so far I have no marks on the back of the phone from sliding, which the film was starting to show. I'm glad I took mine off :) After a while it would have probably looked like ass and started to peel off or bubble anyway lol

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After removing it, i retract my previous statement, i didn't even notice the slider tracks under it, until I looked at it closely. I agree it seems as though it needs to be removed.

txskeets

Reaction score
Gotta give props to this site. Lots of Droid newbies here and we are all figuring out stuff as we go. This site has been a wealth of information so far and I look forward to contributing more! :)

Look Ma, I'm not a Droid Newbie anymore. Now I'm just a Droid! Onward I go to Senior Droid! :) LOL!