Picture msg 902

gobi42

Reaction score
Is anyone else having oases with not being able to send picture msgs I've used both stock and handcent sms and both fail

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
Are you trying to send/receive the pics over wifi? You can't send/receive pics over wifi for whatever reason. You have to do it either over 3g or 4g

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

guttyla

Reaction score
I have same problem

OP
G

gobi42

Reaction score
Since my sideloaded 902 update I haven't been able to send picture msgs on 3g or 4g or 1x I did the small update due to I was already on 901.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Are you trying to send/receive the pics over wifi? You can't send/receive pics over wifi for whatever reason. You have to do it either over 3g or 4g

I just sent a test pic msg to my wife while we were both at home over wifi and I didn't have a problem.

quizzard

Reaction score
I just sent a test pic msg to my wife while we were both at home over wifi and I didn't have a problem.

+1, tho I was not on wifi. Works just fine. Wife did wonder why I was sending her a picture of lunch.

km75

Reaction score

Are you sure about that? Try this. Enable wifi and disable data. So in your notification bar all you should see is the wifi icon...no3g/4g icon. Try to send/receive a pic that way and see if you are successful. I know I can't get it to work on my bionic. I only found this out because whenever I use wifi I always turn data off even though its been said that when you use wifi 3g/4g is automatically disabled. Let me know what happens. I guess it could just be my phone. I am definitely curious.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Are you sure about that? Try this. Enable wifi and disable data. So in your notification bar all you should see is the wifi icon...no3g/4g icon. Try to send/receive a pic that way and see if you are successful. I know I can't get it to work on my bionic. I only found this out because whenever I use wifi I always turn data off even though its been said that when you use wifi 3g/4g is automatically disabled. Let me know what happens. I guess it could just be my phone. I am definitely curious.

I can tell you for sure that data is off when you're connected to wifi. Sometimes I'll watch movies in bed through Netflix on my phone and my data use isn't affected at all. But I'll try what you proposed and see if it makes a difference.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Ok, it doesn't work with data off, but if you're on wifi there's no need to turn data off.

OP
G

gobi42

Reaction score
Nope none of that helped the problem i think i'm going to go back to 901 i didn't have any issues at all with that i even did a factory data reset and cleared dalvik and cache partions in recovery and still didn't work i guess my phone doesn't like 902 :(

km75

Reaction score
Ok, it doesn't work with data off, but if you're on wifi there's no need to turn data off.

True. But I do turn it off though to conserve battery. Obviously it has to be running albeit maybe in the background when we use wifi. Its funny that the D3 or D2 didn't work like that though. On those when you use wifi you don't see 4d/3g in the notification bar.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
True. But I do turn it off though to conserve battery. Obviously it has to be running albeit maybe in the background when we use wifi. Its funny that the D3 or D2 didn't work like that though. On those when you use wifi you don't see 4d/3g in the notification bar.

If you're not using the hell out of it I don't see why you'd need to turn data off. You shouldn't be going through that much battery if you're not using it heavily. I still have 70-80% left after 12 hours off the charger, and that's off wifi all day.