Picture messaging problems

turbojake64

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from the OG Droid to the Bionic, and now when I try to send a picture message, it says "Invalid destination address" and when I receive a pic message, I get a text saying "You've got a PIX or FLIX message! To see it, visit www.vzw.com/newpix-flix-message from an internet accessible computer & follow directions." Its really annoying and I was wondering if maybe anyone could help me with this issue.

Globed

Reaction score
Hmm First Question is are you rooted? Third, What was the last update your phone installed. It could be one of two things! Your phone hasn't been updated since factory install. It seems like the patched that problem on one of the previous updates. The Second thing it could be to is that for what ever reason your not authorized to actually send and receive picture mail/texting hence why it by default says you can view on your Verizon account. That could be as calling Verizon. Usually that kind of thing happems when you sign up for verizon and a new employee is working and doesn't know what there doing. If none of that is the case i think you should root your phone.! First though i need to know what is the current system version you have on your droid. To find that go to Settings> About phone and find system version and give me the fist five numbers x.x.xxx.

OP
T

turbojake64

Reaction score
Yeah, im rooted and have a custom rom installed. The system version when I first got the phone was the 5.5.886. Now, the system version that im currently running is 5.7.893. I havent received any OTA updates when I was stock and unrooted. I was kinda thinking the same thing with regards to some setting not allowing me to send messages.

Globed

Reaction score
Either that or just out of curiosity what rom are you running? that could also be the issue, a bug in the rom

OP
T

turbojake64

Reaction score
Im running the Shift3r rom. Ive had this problem since i got my phone though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Globed

Reaction score
Hmm well check with Verizon. If not then try updating your rom or try purity rom :) its a better rom i think.