Pics of Huawei Edge Flagship Leak; Elegant & Slender Aluminum Frame Impresses

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-edge-leaked-pics.png
huawei-edge-leaked-pics2.png

Some leaked pics of Huawei's next flagship, the Huawei Edge, reveal an attractive all-aluminum slim frame design. From the spec-list included with the leaked pics, it appears Huawei intends to prove you can build a gorgeous phone and still pack in a ton of great features, including a decent size battery. Here's the "skinny":
  • 6.3mm thick
  • 4.9-inch 1080 x 1920-pixel display
  • Unspecified quad-core processor (probably Huawei's own tech)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 13-megapixel camera
  • 16GB and 32GB storage versions
  • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
  • 2600mAh battery
There is no word on when this phone will launch, or which markets it might come to. Obviously we aren't too sure if this phone will even come to the North American market, but we will let you know if we hear anything. Sound off if you would like to see this device come to your neck of the woods.

Source: PhoneArena

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is how name brands won't matter, and the quality of the phone will. Very nice device.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
imagine the scratches on that aluminum casing.

I'd actually enjoy it to a degree. A little wear and tear. Personalization, if you will. It's why one of my favorite things I use everyday is my Makr wallet. I can easily pick it out in a line-up of 100s every time because none of the others would have the exact scars and indentions that mine does.

Unless we're talking as weak sauce as old iPods. Never wanted one due to how easily they turned into nothing but scratches.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
OOOOH SHINEY! :smile-b:

I like it but I imagine, much like the HTC One, tear down and repair is probably a serious challenge. My other beef is the embedded battery. Why is it such a trend for companies to make the battery a permanent fixture? Embedded batteries seriously reduce the life of the entire device. While my Droid 1 is no longer active on any carrier I can still use it for testing apps or whatever I want because I can put a brand new battery in it and keep it ticking. I've seen Droid 4's on ebay that are in mint condition but no one will buy them because the battery is dead. I imagine sending the device out to get the battery replaced is an inconvenience in two ways: one you have to be without your device for at least a week, and two you gotta fork out serious dough for the parts and labor.
:soapbox:

Okay, I'm done ranting...

Back to the device. I think Huawei is on it's way to becoming a household brand... ahem.. if anyone can really pronounce the brand name. Heck I had to copy and paste the brand to make sure the spelling was right. While the specs on this device aren't grandiose the aesthetic design can go a long way for consumers; especially those who want to stand out from the iPhone crowd and possibly even make a few iPhone users take a double-take.

Raikkonen

Reaction score
Why is it such a trend for companies to make the battery a permanent fixture?

Better defense against water damage and claim to being a thinner phone is my guess

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

52brandon

Reaction score
Looks like a flask.
I thought the back looks like a giant iPod nano
Better defense against water damage and claim to being a thinner phone is my guess

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
I believe you're correct about the thickness part, water defense I don't see though. Unless it was dipped in Aquapel, a removable battery would be better IMO, as you can yank it out immediately so there's no power to the device to short stuff out. I also think mfr costs are slightly lower, plus you would have to get a new phone as the battery ages instead of just a new or extended batt