Physical keyboard question

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
I'm most likely going to be getting this phone in a couple of weeks when my T-Mobile contract expires. I was just wondering how tough it is to type on the keyboard? I remember trying out the original droid and it seemed like the keyboard buttons were very stiff. Then again, that's in a store where hundreds of people were messing with it. Anyway, just wondering what your opinions are on the keyboard, pros and cons. Thanks.

akhi216

Reaction score
I'm most likely going to be getting this phone in a couple of weeks when my T-Mobile contract expires. I was just wondering how tough it is to type on the keyboard? I remember trying out the original droid and it seemed like the keyboard buttons were very stiff. Then again, that's in a store where hundreds of people were messing with it. Anyway, just wondering what your opinions are on the keyboard, pros and cons. Thanks.

It's pretty simple and you get used to it after using it for 2-3 days. If you're used to HTC phone keyboards you're gonna feel that the keys could have been arranged differently, but after the 2-3 days you won't think of it that way.

The keys have average stiffness; they're not so stiff that it would be next to impossible to speed type but stiff enough that 2 years from the day that you buy the phone you won't have them so worn down that the phone registers a keypress if you lightly brush them.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

KillVolume

Reaction score
So far the keyboard has been the most well regarded aspect of the phone, in most reviews. I've seen a good amount of quotes saying that it's the best physical keyboard on the market.
If you're looking for a good, relatively high-end, current phone, then it's pretty much your only choice anyway if you require actual buttons.

Reaction score
The keyboard on this phone is the best keyboard ever, for a phone. In my opinion of course. Its very spacious, the keys have a nice 'click' to them, and it has a number row. I can type 50 wpm on this thing on average. It was designed for speed.

MECHANO

Reaction score
Same as everyone else... it's a great keyboard. If you have fairly small hands, it may be a bit too large for you.

Rocky

Reaction score
Both the physical and the touch keyboard are great. I prefer to feel as I type, though. Better keyboard than the Droid 1 and 2.