Photo Gallery Restore

m698322h

Reaction score
I had to factory reset my S5 since the Lollipop update as it had terrible battery life. I don't use Google+ for backing up photos. I do use GCloud and Kies to backup things up. I restored from Kies and GCloud and most of my photos/videos list as taken today. It use to be the camera gallery would list by month or distance of time. The file names of the media files have remained the same yyyymmdd_xxxx. How can I get my photos back in the original order without creating albums and what not? I just want it back the way it was.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had a similar problem when I backed up text messages once and then restored them.

I wish I had an answer for you, but it would appear that the software involved, either on your PC or on the phone itself saw "today" as the creation date of the files because "today" is the first day that each of those files showed up on the device and were indexed (obviously, they were there once before, but doing the reset erases any memory the phone has of ever having seen those files).

Hopefully someone else has better news for you, but I figured I'd add my little explanation of what I believe is happening.

If nothing else, it'll bump this thread up in the list of Active Topics. ;)

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Mr. Kansas is right on the money. I too had to FDR after lollipop. Also due to battery life. My photos run through verizon's back up I believe, but the result is the same. As the photos download on a specific date, the phone believes that the date downloaded was the date of creation. While my FDR gave me hours of resetting fun, it didn't help my battery. I hope your FDR had better results.