PhoneMyPc Questions

thedaego

Reaction score
I'm posting this here because I've seen the developer for the software answer a few questions here. I was not able to find a forums or questions link on their website.

1. Is there a workaround to accessing the target computer if it is currently locked or logged out? When connecting to a locked computer I'm able to see the screen and all of its windows, however, i'm unable to interact with anything.
    1. having PhoneMyPc start when windows starts is not very useful if there is a password on the user account and we can't login. :)
  2. How can I determine what version of the desktop client I am running? Is there an 'update' or 'check for updates' or 'about' command that I am missing?

All in all, great software. I realize it is still in Beta and am looking forward to the full release.

Reaction score
Wow, how did we miss this one???

1. No, there is no support for this, but it's working in our lab and will be available soon.
2. Double-click the system tray icon. The version is in the title of the window that opens.

We will be adding auto-update logic so you will not have to worry about this soon.

We enjoy interacting with our fellow Android fans in forums and other places, but if you really need help, please email us. We try to be everywhere at once, but we can't seem to do it, and as with this thread, we often miss posts.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I know I saw it somewhere, is their a way to get sound when remotely using pc?

Thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I know I saw it somewhere, is their a way to get sound when remotely using pc?

Thanks

not yet but they said there will be an update coming with this later on... also hopefully some SSL security for the connection... i woudl like only that ASAP