Phone won't start up

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
I'm rooted and yesterday I decided to upgrade from BB 1.0 to BB 1.1. So I restarted my phone after I installed it and when it restarts it just sits on the red Droid eye. I even left it to restart over night and when I woke up it was still on the eye.

I also tried to do a factory reset and start from scratch. It has me enter in my gmail account and all that but then at the very end it says 'setup wizard' has force closed and won't let me finish. It'll tell me to enter in my info and then that it's syncing my data but then it has me redo it over and over infinitely.

How to do I restore my phone from my last backup I made with ROM Manager or how do I even get my phone started so I can re-flash BB 1.1 and start over? Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
Is that where I hold X and the power button and it comes up with a menu? If that is the recovery menu then yes, it will boot into that.

warrior21

Reaction score
If can boot into recovery and you previously created a backup you can flash that backup from there. If you are using clockwork I believe you click on nandroid and then restore. I would wipe the data/cache before putting back on the ROM.

Last edited:
OP
ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
Well which option do I choose? none of them say anything like restore backup.

All the choices are:
Reboot system now
Apply sdcard:update.zip
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Install zip from sdcard
Nandroid
Partition Menu
Advanced

warrior21

Reaction score
Well which option do I choose? none of them say anything like restore backup.

All the choices are:
Reboot system now
Apply sdcard:update.zip
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Install zip from sdcard
Nandroid
Partition Menu
Advanced
Click on Nandroid and then restore.

OP
ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you very much. I thought my phone was screwed there for a minute.

Taegost

Reaction score
Heh, I've become a pro at doing the Nandroid restore... When I saw your thread I had my fingers crossed that you had made one!
I always recommend it, even for small things like a kernel swap, you never know when it'll choke :)