Phone quit working

mjh68

Reaction score
I know I posted this in the 5.0.6.1 thread, but I am sure its not related to the rom so going to ask again . I had a working phone with 5.0.6.1 , downloaded hexfusion last night and wife said she tried calling me . I didn't get a message about a missed call or her message so tried to place a call , but didn't get connected.
I tried to reinstall a backup , but the same problem I get the phone dialed , it even shows the number I am calling just doesn't dial out. I can view the internet and get email just no message or phone calls.

I have tried to reflash CM , battery pull, left phone off for 10 minutes without battery , but nothing seems to work. One thing I noticed , I have 4 bars and 3g showing ,but as soon as I dial a number the bars and 3g go away .. then I get a message lost data connectivity because.. in the notification bar .
Do you think I have messed up the phone.apk and if I could get a link to just the phone.apk would that help ? Otherwise, anyone else have a suggestion ?

Thank you

Mike

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you dial *228 to activate the phone services? I had similar issue when changing kernel few days ago.

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
you dial *228 to activate the phone services? I had similar issue when changing kernel few days ago.

Yes, I forgot to include that in the steps I have tried. When dial *22899 it never dials out then after it times out I get the unsuccessful programming message. I am on a different rom right now , but I have tried a few different kernels and still the same issue.
Frustrating , because I can't figure out why reinstalling backups won't solve it ?
I even tried to flash back to SPR recovery and try some other nandroid backups , but the same issue.

OP
M

mjh68

Reaction score
Phone back working , no idea.. all i did was leave it off with battery out for about 30 minutes turned it back on and suddenly I got all my texts from last night and was able to do *228 . Reflashing CM and restoring 5.0.6.1 .

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
Phone back working , no idea.. all i did was leave it off with battery out for about 30 minutes turned it back on and suddenly I got all my texts from last night and was able to do *228 . Reflashing CM and restoring 5.0.6.1 .

Yep, same as what happened to me, I would get 1 bar and 3G showing but as soon as I try to call it would vanish. I kept trying to reprogram and it kept failing.... Then all the sudden after about 4 hours BAM full bars and 3G and texts and emails start pooring in :D

cesareborgia

Reaction score
I know I posted this in the 5.0.6.1 thread, but I am sure its not related to the rom so going to ask again . I had a working phone with 5.0.6.1 , downloaded hexfusion last night and wife said she tried calling me . I didn't get a message about a missed call or her message so tried to place a call , but didn't get connected.
I tried to reinstall a backup , but the same problem I get the phone dialed , it even shows the number I am calling just doesn't dial out. I can view the internet and get email just no message or phone calls.

I have tried to reflash CM , battery pull, left phone off for 10 minutes without battery , but nothing seems to work. One thing I noticed , I have 4 bars and 3g showing ,but as soon as I dial a number the bars and 3g go away .. then I get a message lost data connectivity because.. in the notification bar .
Do you think I have messed up the phone.apk and if I could get a link to just the phone.apk would that help ? Otherwise, anyone else have a suggestion ?

Thank you

Mike

This can happen if you updated your baseband, or if your current version is not compatible with your current ROM.

I would wipe everything and re-install the ROM, if that doesn't fix your problem then you might try burning the baseband update in the ROM manager menu. You will have to dial the *228 after you update so your phone can be "programed" again.