Phone not deleting emails?

Shaneathan

Reaction score
In the past day or so, my phone has stopped deleting emails from the gmail server. I'll delete them on my phone, get back to my computer, and I'll have emails waiting for me. Any ideas?

TekHawk

Reaction score
In the past day or so, my phone has stopped deleting emails from the gmail server. I'll delete them on my phone, get back to my computer, and I'll have emails waiting for me. Any ideas?

how long are you waiting between checking it? and are you using the google website for gmail on the pc? it can take up to 15 minutes or a refresh or two to have the changes update in the web interface from the phone

if you are using a email client on the pc are you using IMap or Pop3

ratboy3124

Reaction score
Well for instance, I deleted a few emails last night, but when I fired up my laptop and checked my gmail (gmail.com) this morning they were still there. I noticed it started doing it when I loaded Froyo onto it. Not sure if that is the problem or not.

Last edited:
OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score

how long are you waiting between checking it? and are you using the google website for gmail on the pc? it can take up to 15 minutes or a refresh or two to have the changes update in the web interface from the phone

if you are using a email client on the pc are you using IMap or Pop3

Even after hours it won't delete them. Using the Google website for Gmail on Mac. No email client. like the other guy that posted, I did try to use Froyo and it doesn't work now.

TekHawk

Reaction score
Interesting did you guys wipe the data before isntalling froyo? it might be just the accounts not properly authorized with the old data and needs to have a fresh data file from a clean first run

ratboy3124

Reaction score
Yeah, I always wipe. 3 times even tho I don't think it's necessary LOL. Just a little OCD I guess. It didn't start doing it right away tho, it started a little bit after I loaded up Froyo. I didn't really think anything of it until I saw this post. I just figured it was a hiccup with the servers.

TekHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I always wipe. 3 times even tho I don't think it's necessary LOL. Just a little OCD I guess. It didn't start doing it right away tho, it started a little bit after I loaded up Froyo. I didn't really think anything of it until I saw this post. I just figured it was a hiccup with the servers.

it could be servers market was having issue since last night :/

ratboy3124

Reaction score
I'm hoping that's it or else I might just have to start fresh. Can't stand when something doesn't work the way it's supposed to. Also, if I go in accounts on my droid it shows 2, like I have 2 new emails, but I don't have them on my Droid, it must be seeing them on the server. I never noticed it doing this before when I deleted emails, 'cuz I have 2 accounts that I switch back and forth with.

TekHawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping that's it or else I might just have to start fresh. Can't stand when something doesn't work the way it's supposed to. Also, if I go in accounts on my droid it shows 2, like I have 2 new emails, but I don't have them on my Droid, it must be seeing them on the server. I never noticed it doing this before when I deleted emails, 'cuz I have 2 accounts that I switch back and forth with.

I do have the later issue from time to time and have for a long time

ratboy3124

Reaction score
So now you guys got me really watching it. If I delete the email from gmail.com on my laptop it will delete it from my phone.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
I installed FroyoBB over 2.1BB and noticed some problems, so I wiped and installed FroyoBB again. Same problems, restored to 2.1BB. Was having problems there with the market, so I wiped, used the market, then restored and now everything except Gmail is working right.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
It started deleting emails properly again. I didn't change/do anything.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ehhh..I have over 14k email on gmail....I just leave them....