Phone locks during call... ALWAYS. Any way to turn off?

350-Jason

Reaction score
Like the title says... lock screen always comes on. When I had a 2.1 rom, I didnt have this problem... but now that I'm stock again, it came back.

Is this a setting? I looked everywhere (or so i think) and couldn't find a way to shut it off.

It's annoying to have to slide to unlock to hang up, or look at a text.

mjs31

Reaction score
I have never heard of this issue. To actually lock out while on a call is strange. I wonder if something got screwy after coming back from 2.1
Have you tried to reinstall the stock or even try another rom like the Bugless one? Did you recently install any new apps?

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score
I read this issue from december on someone elses phone who had stock rom. No one had any solutions. I put the bugless rom on my phone, and it still does it. What app would affect this? I only have 6 or so on my phone.

bigthinker

Reaction score
This also happens to me on occasion...One in 10 calls that I am on....I figure it will work itself out. :motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help you guys or not but Screebl does have a setting on it that will keep your phone from going black on calls, hopefully also prevent it from locking.

rocketman45

Reaction score
There have been several people reporting this problem on this forum. My Droid used to do this on rare occasion. More commonly, also infrequently, the screen would stay dark when I took the phone away from my face but would not actually lock. A tap on the power button would wake the screen back up to the phone screen. I tried the Screebl setting for leaving screen on during call but this did not seem to make a difference (by the way I think Screebl is a great app). This would just result in more time with screen on and quicker battery drain I suspect. Anyway, all of this seems to have cured itself as has not happened in some time. I have stock 2.01.

M

Matth3w

I never have this problem during regular calls, but when in speakerphone it ALWAYS locks. Can't remember if it does it when using BT or not, but definitely does it with speakerphone. Somewhat annoying.

nolanandy

Reaction score
I wonder about the N1. Do they encounter any of these issues as we have heard on the Droid. If not, then 2.1 is what we need. Is there a forum for the N1?

EAK

Reaction score
KeepScreen app does prevent the screen from timing out when on a call, speaker or not. The only thing is it won't let the screen turn off when you put it to your ear.