phone lock app???

c1976

Reaction score
Ok I have searched the forums and looked in the market place but I can't seem to find what I am looking for..

I need an app or widget that will let me type in a password to lock the phone.. Not use the draw pattern..

I have a teenager who likes to get in my phone.. I would like to be able to make it so that I have to put in a word or number to use the phone...

My black berry had a password option..

Help:icon_eek:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You might try LockBot or Lock 2.0 - they utilize a passcode via numbers...there was also a MyLock but I am not sure it is still in the market (also many threads here about it). I think LockBot has a free and a paid version...

OP
C

c1976

Reaction score
thanks.. I will check those out..

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I should also add with both LockBot and Lock 2.0 they are customizable and you can set them to sound so if someone is trying to unlock your phone, it will play the sound you have set i.e. music or whatever...

OP
C

c1976

Reaction score
oh thank you so much.. lock 2.0 was exactly what i was looking for.. WOOHOOO no more nosey teenager in my phone..

OP
C

c1976

Reaction score
ok so it has a few issues .. but it should keep her out..

If you hold the house/home key down while it is locked it will unlock the phone with no code.. but i dont think she knows that.. hehehe

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Mine did not auto-unlock...it did show the last 3 apps I had viewed but it did not grant me full access to my phone...I looked thru settings and I did not see where I could change that...maybe an email to the dev?

OP
C

c1976

Reaction score
any more suggestions? I want my phone to not be able to be looked out with out a password...
so when I set the screen to lock you have to put in a password to see anything..I hate the draw pattern.. It is to easy to figure out..

toddegreene

Reaction score
What's wrong with the pattern lock? Pretend it's a keypad sans 0.

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.

7. 8. 9.

Numbers with 0 or double digits aren't allowed.

OP
C

c1976

Reaction score
I never thought of that.. I might try that..

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Though it may not suit your requirements to prevent access to anything on the phone, the apps "Protector" and "App Protector" provide more discriminating password protection by locking individual apps. It's an excellent solution to lock access to email, messages, or the gallery, for example.

Protector Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

omg, if those apps do what I think they do i'm gonna be so happy i coul s*** downloading now

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Though it may not suit your requirements to prevent access to anything on the phone, the apps "Protector" and "App Protector" provide more discriminating password protection by locking individual apps. It's an excellent solution to lock access to email, messages, or the gallery, for example.

Protector Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

omg, if those apps do what I think they do i'm gonna be so happy i coul s*** downloading now

Yes, they do. There is, however, some confusion over various versions and vendors. If you check carefully you'll find that "Protector" and "App Protector" are almost identical but come from different vendors. It appears there was a falling out among the developers that led to this situation.

In any event, be sure to check to see whether the version you choose has the ability to "re-lock" an app after it has been opened. (If that is important to you.)

The first version of "Protector" I looked at last week did not have that capability. Once unlocked the app stayed unlocked until the phone was power cycled. (rebooted.) I believe that limitation has been eliminated in the "App Protector" version and may have been eliminated in "Protector."

You might also want to consider that Carrot App, the vendor for App Protector, also markets a stealth app for emailing text messages via email to another address without the user's knowledge. Although some might argue that is a legitimate function for parental control, it makes me a bit nervous. YMMV.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I should also add with both LockBot and Lock 2.0 they are customizable and you can set them to sound so if someone is trying to unlock your phone, it will play the sound you have set i.e. music or whatever...

There also is a motion detector that will sound an alarm if the phone is moved.

And...you can always take away the car keys too:)