Phone is sluggish lately... any tips?

velocity92c

Reaction score
I've always been very satisfied with the overall speed/performance of BB roms and until 0.4 I had never even overclocked before. I'm up to 1.1ghz now and at first the ROM was blazing fast, now I've noticed a pretty substantial slowdown in loading the homescreen, switching between and loading apps, and even browsing. I use a task manager and even deleted it and tried minfreemanager but it seemed slower. Any advice on improving performance?

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity I killed all open apps and ran a quadrant. I got a 1200 and just rebooted 15 minutes ago. A week ago I got as high as 1700. So I guess the problem isn't all in my head.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always been very satisfied with the overall speed/performance of BB roms and until 0.4 I had never even overclocked before. I'm up to 1.1ghz now and at first the ROM was blazing fast, now I've noticed a pretty substantial slowdown in loading the homescreen, switching between and loading apps, and even browsing. I use a task manager and even deleted it and tried minfreemanager but it seemed slower. Any advice on improving performance?

ROM's are definitely not my specialty but have you tried just a simple reset? Turning the phone on and off?

If you have tried that and it still is sluggish then you probably have something else going on. I don't want to speculate since you have BB installed, let someone else do that.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
I should have been more specific, I reboot or battery pull several times a day, leftover habit from being a BlackBerry user. :)