Phone goes black

kpoker

Reaction score
Motorola droid 2nd replacement they sent me. It goes black sometimes after making a call and nothing you hit turns it back on. If I plug it into charger it will turn back on though. Any ideas how to fix this, dont want to get ANOTHER replacement.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You can try rooting the phone. That will breed new life into it with a custom rom. Another easier option would be a factory data reset. Wipes the phone clean and you have a basically new phone. Your contacts will reload and your pictures will be safe on your SD card.

This post is Incredible 2

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
What is rooting the phone, how does that work?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Its like the difference between a work computer and a home computer. You have access to all of the computer settings on your home computer (rooted phone) but a work computer had been locked down so you can't change anything like the os (unrooted phone). Rooting allows for custom rom installation and the ability to delete some or all of the verizon preinstalled software. Look into the droid hacks section for how to root your phone. One thing I can't stress enough how important it is would be to create a back up before you change anything on your phone. That will/should be covered in the rooting instructions. Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions.

This post is Incredible 2