Phone function problem

linkish

Reaction score
Hi all,

For some reason I haven't yet been able to figure out, I'm not getting any sound out of the receiver on phone calls whatsoever. The other party can apparently hear me fine, but I hear neither my own voice or theirs. Compounding the weirdness, speakerphone works just fine.

Any suggestions? I'm hoping a setting of some sort went wonky, and that it's not a hardware issue.

Thanks in advance.

bjmoore26

Reaction score
not sure if this helps but as your holding the phone to your ear try pressing the volume up button on the side of the phone. I accidentally turned mine down and had to relearn how to hold my phone against my ear (I had a BB Storm)

OP
L

linkish

Reaction score
not sure if this helps but as your holding the phone to your ear try pressing the volume up button on the side of the phone. I accidentally turned mine down and had to relearn how to hold my phone against my ear (I had a BB Storm)

Were it only that easy. Unfortunately, no, my in-call volume is all the way up. Thanks very much for the reply, though.

shcommish

Reaction score
Exact same issue with mine! Happened this morning for the first time.

Silver Member
Reaction score
BT connection? headphones attached? try turning off BT.

OP
L

linkish

Reaction score
Saw your reply in the other thread as well, shcommish. I've got absolutely no idea on this one. I got a call earlier in the day and everything was fine; not ten minutes ago, the problem was back. If it was a minor bug I probably wouldn't mind much, but anything impeding the telephone itself has to be considered pretty major.

What I'd like to know most at this point is how limited the problem actually is. It can't be all that widely spread, as no-one else has come forward with it yet. I'll do some testing later when I get a chance and report back with any findings.

shcommish

Reaction score
Thanks Linkish. It hasn't happened again today but it seems that ever since the update, I have started having problems. Do you have any apps installed? I was thinking maybe it could be that. I only have Backgrounds, FlightStats Lite, Maps, Pandora and Weatherbug. I did have MotoTorch but uninstalled it. That was the only app that was installed after the update.

dubbstyle

Reaction score
My phone now has the same problem. Just started after the update. I have a few apps, but nothing installed after the update. I have a volume control app that I uninstalled and then restarted my phone. I don't know if it was the restart or the app removal, but it works for now.

JMac84

Reaction score
Add me to the list. definitely started after the update. I can turn the speakerphone on and hear the caller talking like they heard me just fine. I have turned the speaker on and off to see if that helps but it doesn't, only can hear when the speaker is on. Make a call seconds later, and i can hear in phone just fine. definitely is not every call, and I'm trying to pay attention to what I'm doing with the phone when it happens (apps running?)

Also, I'll add this one here, and maybe make a separate post as well.....I will be listening to a podcast with BeyondPod, and a random song will start playing at the same time on the Music Player (one that came with the Droid). I have to hunt around for the offending song and program and force it closed.

What the heck?

OP
L

linkish

Reaction score
All clear on the western front.

Well, after a couple days of testing (adding/removing apps that I'd previously used, making calls under different conditions with 3G/WiFi/Bluetooth enabled, and suchlike), I have not been able to get my phone to reproduce the problem at all. I guess that's a win. One that'll hopefully last for a while.

There was one app... the official Last.fm client, which I noticed acting buggy the other day. It had been updated recently, which was when the app started performing inconsistently. I've since switched to Pandora and no longer have the Last.fm app on my phone, and though I'd wondered if there was some connection between that and the initial problem, it was during the same window of time that the problem mysteriously corrected itself.

Is anybody else still having troubles?

shcommish

Reaction score
I haven't had the same problem come up again, which IS a good thing. Maybe it was a fluke but I doubt it. Let's just hope it never comes back!

MInkyboi

Reaction score
i actually have the same problem. been occuring the past couple of times lately.

Droideka

Reaction score
I had the same problem with no phone sound. Hitting the speaker button worked so I wasn't mistaken for a heavy breather. I found that a power cycle fixed it.