Phone Freezing Up While Typing

paradime313

Reaction score
Hello,

I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered.

I began experiencing a problem 2 days ago, basically I will begin to type something in twitter, or on a website, and today even a text message. The cursor will freeze up, and after a few seconds I will get the message that "_____ has stopped working" and have to force close it.

Anybody experiencing this?

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
when I had my pro, it did this and it was frustrating. first try wiping the cache, if that doesn't work, you'll most likely have to do a factory reset. that's what fixed mine.

good luck!

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
P

paradime313

Reaction score
when I had my pro, it did this and it was frustrating. first try wiping the cache, if that doesn't work, you'll most likely have to do a factory reset. that's what fixed mine.

good luck!

Dumb question time, how do I wipe the cache

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
under settings or you can boot into bootloader and wipe the entire phone cache.

Overmann

Reaction score
The Solution Is Simpler

This is a problem that has plagued most Droid Pro users when upgrading to gingerbread. Here's the fix for it.

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Multi-Touch Keyboard

Then press Clear Cache and Clear Data

Reboot the phone

Everything's fixed.

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Thanks Overmann, it seems to have resolved the issue on my phone!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

hotkoko

Reaction score
same thing happend to me 3 times with my pro. ive had 3 replacements already all with the same problems every time. so far number 4 is ok

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Thanks hotkoko for adding your comments.
I'm just very disappointed overall with the Droid Pro. I bought this model 14 months ago (when it first launched) & when the OTA Upgrade Automatically downloaded several months ago it removed/ replaced a lot of functional features with headaches.
I'm sure rooting this phone may resolve some of the issues but I don't want to go that route.
Thanks again for posting your comments!

spydergirl

Reaction score
I've been experiencing alot of the same frustrations.I've done the factory wipe. Cleared and deleted everything I possibly could, but nothing seemed to work. It has gotten so SLOW and quirky and freezes with typing and is so sluggish! I'm so frustrated. My upgrade is due in April, but I'm tempted to go back to the Blackberry (!!!!!) Because this thing has gotten so frustrating and I don't see any hope of them catering to OUR needs for a hard keyboard by debuting an updated replacement for the Pro. All the other models are CONSTANTLY improving and updating, but NOOOOO not us "Blackberry converts" who still want the same keyboard! *sigh* Grrrrrrrr.......

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
You read Overmann's post from December 30th? It totally worked for me & every time my typing freezes up, which is only about 1x/ month.

dot9000

Reaction score
Don't know if you got an answer. Auto word select was on my bf's pro. Verizon peeps said if you don't use the suggested word, pro stores it. Then when phone gets full, it starts freezing. They deleted his stored words and settings were changed to NOT suggest words. Hope this helps-i'm not too tech savvy, but that's how I remember it.