phone doesnt vibrate although vibrate is on

djboston

Reaction score
my incredible doesnt vibrate when it recieves texts but it vibrates wen it gets a call and i checked all the settings for incomming texts and all the vibration settings are on but all it does it shows a notification and no vibrate any ideas?

diggity

Reaction score
my incredible doesnt vibrate when it recieves texts but it vibrates wen it gets a call and i checked all the settings for incomming texts and all the vibration settings are on but all it does it shows a notification and no vibrate any ideas?

I had same issue here, and also had the same issue with the Moto Droid. What I did to fix it (with both phones) was download an app from the market called Sound Manager. Run the app once installed, press the menu button, and then select 'vibrate settings'. Select whichever setting you want for the ringer and notification settings. I have mine set to 'vibrate only when silent'.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: forgot to mention something. Once you do this and get the vibrate to work for notifications, you will not have to do it again. In fact, when I did this on the moto droid, I deleted the app afterward. Assuming that it will be the same with the Incredible but not 100% sure.

Last edited:
OP
D

djboston

Reaction score
yea that worked thanks a lot but i wish u didnt have to use that app to make it work its so stupid do u know if u can use that with the handscent sms app?

never mind i uninstalled it after it worked and it still worked so thats awesome man thanks a lot

Last edited:

TheChamp413

Reaction score
I had same issue here, and also had the same issue with the Moto Droid. What I did to fix it (with both phones) was download an app from the market called Sound Manager. Run the app once installed, press the menu button, and then select 'vibrate settings'. Select whichever setting you want for the ringer and notification settings. I have mine set to 'vibrate only when silent'.

Im having the same problem but i may not always want my text to be on vibrate so Im waiting to download this app. Is there anyway to fix this problem without have to download anything. I may just bring it back to the store and make them give me a brand new one that works like it sdould