Phone doesn't screen off during calls

Bpowder33

Reaction score
This has been actually going on for a while now. Starting to get really annoying bc constantly hitting buttons in quick settings menu during a call. Could it possibility be from the screen protector? I've read posts about the screen not turning back on but this is quite opposite.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I had the opposite problem but it got better when i cleaned all the openings with compressed air.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Verizon said sensor went bad. Sending me another phone. I'm unlocked and rooted, is their anything I need to do before sending this one back?

Iggy08

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe you shouldn't have rooted your device if you don't know that obviously yes you need to unroot and be locked. I haven't looked into it, but if you pay for insurance you might not have to do anything since that should cover the phone entirely.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Sry, maybe I should have been more clear. I meant is there anything I need to do besides the obvious.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I suggest doing a factory reset to erase any private information.

I would also swap the microSD cards to keep your pictures, data, etc..

Iggy08

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a way to "return to stock" like on the Droid X. One re flash and you'd be back to stock unrooted. What's the process to get back locked and unrooted for the Rezound?

I'm waiting for my warranty to expire before I unlock and root mine since it doesn't seem too easy to return to stock

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I think you just lock and re flash stock ics. What I'd like to know is can I use the same unlock token for the new phone. Or do I have to generate a new one through HTC dev?

Iggy08

Reaction score
That's a good question. I wouldn't think it would but who knows. I'm thinking you find those special numbers for your specific phone, but the code they give you could actually be generic for any phone.

I'm getting annoyed by my phones screen doing whatever it wants during calls, may have to get a replacement myself :-\ if the screen turns off when the call starts it won't turn back on until after the call ends, but if it decides to stay on then I can't turn it off until call ends

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe your sensor is going bad too. Can honestly say this is the only problem I've had with this phone. I'm on vacation this week so I'll let you know what I figure out about the token and getting back to stock when I return. It's been so long since I unlocked and rooted this beast that I just can't remember the process.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
WTF is up with HTC DEV website. Should I blame Sandy?

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Okay iggy08, the new phone required a new unlock token through HTC dev. (thx Mr Smith). Returning to stock was as simple as re locking device and flashing the latest official release pulled from android police. This even gets rid of the ***tampered*** msg in HBOOT.

New phone screens off as it should during calls now too! Time to debloat this thing. Cheers

Iggy08

Reaction score
Good to hear, I got my replacement over the weekend and I wasn't going crazy, the sensor was messed up cuz the replacement screen works great. Bad thing is the vibrator sounds loose and kind of rattles in the replacement :-(

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Wow! Wish I would have known about the rezound proximity sensor calibrator app before I returned my last phone. Probably would have resolved my issue. If anyone is having screen on/off issues during phone calls and you have root access check it out. I started having issues again with my new phone and this app solved the problem with a little tweaking.