Phone Contacts not showing in Contacts App

jonesj198

Reaction score
My contacts are in my phone, you can see them in the dialer and pressing the contacts tab. But if I go into messaging and try to see them there, or in the regular contacts app, they arent there. So I know my phone has the contacts because I can search for them, just cant scroll them in the app. Has other people had this same issue. I know about showing the groups, and also disabling and enabling the sync.

So I have all my contacts synced with gmail. I thought maybe something was set up wrong so I did a hard reset and reset up my device and re-synced the contacts from my gmail account.

Lets hear anyones similar issues with contacts.

Takenumbrage

Reaction score
Took me ~30-60 minutes to get (mostly) everything synced properly. Assuming you've left enough time?

OP
J

jonesj198

Reaction score
Yes I got my X on friday at like 2pm. I have given it plenty of time to sync. I work at verizon as well and havent noticed any other issues from customers yet. But wasnt sure if there was a fix or if anyone else had the same issue

PrisonBound

Reaction score
I actually just e-mailed the guy who sold me my Droid because he transferred all my contacts over...and they didn't all transfer. Some were fine, some were skipped, and I think some did a weird thing when they merged with Facebook and only the FB info was kept, so no phone numbers. I'm having to go back and manually check all ~200 contacts from my old phone now, ugh.

mrankin1120

Reaction score
I have the same problem!! they show up everywhere except the favorites area and the contacts icon.. they're under the phone icon.. but not where i need them in the contacts icon. please help!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Contacts for your email and messaging are reached by typing the first few letters of the name. Your Droid will bring up the person (or persons) to choose automatically.

howzball

Reaction score
One of the beautiful things about the way the Droids work with your contacts is that if you happen to have a contact, not on your Gmail them they get deleted for you.

If you don't have an email address for them why on Earth would you want to call them?
I actually have contacts I call regularly and never email, grand parents for example...the Droid doesn't like that. If I don't manually create their contact on my Gmail account then I can kiss Grandma goodbye.

After the Froyo update the option to Not Synch Gmail got reset, so seeya later 250 contacts. :icon_evil:

icemang

Reaction score
Is there a simple way to copy google contacts to my contacts? every time I enter a contact it goes straight into google but I want them all together. I'm a new user and not particularly technical, I don't understand how to do this. tia.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Open contacts hit the menu button and hit more and go into settings. Under contact settings it says new contacts, make sure phone and google are checked. Or just google or just phone whatever you want.

icemang

Reaction score
Thanks Sydman, will do. Will that move (or copy, either is fine) existing google contacts into the phone, or will it just work from here on out?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just from there on.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad