Phone Contact Search

Sailorboy

Reaction score
My first Droid just died along with all of my contacts that took 4 hours to manually enter. I thought I had set up my gmail account but for some reason cannot retrieve any contacts from there. I am going to have to manually enter them again. I noticed that the contacts are all listed in alphabetical order using the first name. On all of my past phones all contacts were set up by last name. I prefer last name order but found no setup to change this order anywhere. Question is are there any apps to search by last name or should I just enter last names first when I re-enter the data. I was also wondering if I can enter the data through my Google account instead and sync to the phone (much easier to use full keyboard).

OP
S

Sailorboy

Reaction score
Entered Contacts

I figured out how to enter my contacts online through gmail on my desktop. Still cannot figure out how to search/sort using last names.

mpenda

Reaction score
Crownroyal is 100% correct, the search will find any name.
However, it sure would be nice to have an option to change the display order like other phones.

edschumann

Reaction score
How would I search by zip code? I am in sales with about 3500 contacts. I'm looking for a way to group contacts so I can google map them to plan my day.
Any ideas??

GSteagall

Reaction score
Check out Contact Search+. I can't personally guarantee it, but just found it after a quick market search. For .99 cents it might be worth a try for you.

chart.png