phone call-what am I doing wrong

elizfield

Reaction score
Lots of time I'll be on a call and all of a sudden the other person can't hear me, but the mute button doesn't appear to have been clicked. What is going on? And sometimes it gets disconnected. am I hitting a button I don't mean to?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dont hate me if im wrong but from your screen name im gonna guess your name is Elizabeth and might very well have long hair.

long hair is known to mess with the proximity sensor that turns the screen off while its held up to your head. This can cause the screen to come back on while your on the phone and can/will accidentally hit the mute and or the end button unintentionally.

Try pulling your hair back behind your ear or something while on the phone to see if it helps. This happens with my girlfriend with her droid and now her incredible does it too but not as bad. She has gotten into the habit of making sure her hair is pulled behind her ear or pulled on the other side of her neck while on the phone to prevent this.

again if your not a female and don't have long hair i apologize.

OP
E

elizfield

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that. So, are you saying that I inadvertently hit the mute and the screen is inactive so I can't get back to turn the mute button off.

THis makes sense, but my recollection is that the mute button is not green when this happens.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when you pull the phone away from your head the screen should turn back on but keep your hand away from the top left and you should be able to hit the mute button to unmute the call.