Phone call interrupted by hitting the dialpad

lord273kelvin

Reaction score
This sounds really silly but 2 out of 3 times I end up having a bad conversation because my voice gets muted out by my face hitting dial pad button. So I got more used to making phone calls with speaker phone on & the earphone plugged in.

I've tested out my phone's proximity sensor, it is definitely working properly so I think there is something wrong with the way I am holding the phone. By the way I am lefty and use my left hand to pick up the calls.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Last edited:

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you're hitting the dial pad with your fingers before you get the phone up to your ear and the proximity sensor kicks in. Maybe just how you're holding it

waygil

Reaction score
My wife constantly has this problem when she is making calls. The proximity sensor works fine on her phone. She is also left handed and I'm wondering if the placement of the sensor doesn't work as well for lefties. Since it's on the upper left side of the phone, a lefty has the tendency to angle the sensor away from the face. A righty on the other hand would almost always keep the sensor placed against their face.

Any other lefties having problems during calls?

OyVOid

Reaction score
Wow, that totally happened to me yesterday at work. I am a righty but I listen to the phone with my left because I have grown accustomed to it at work. I have the phone on the left ear, leaving my right hand free to mouse or type on the computer. Well, I was the server room where there is no phone so I had to use my Droid. I was talking and mousing on the computer and the other person on the line said, "Hello?, hello?... and I looked at my phone in wonder and sure enough, my ear was trying to email someone on my contact list!

What the fish sticks is going on?

So I put the person on speaker and that was the only way I could hear and speak to the person. Blah!

ShowTime

Reaction score
I know there was another thread on here of people having problems with their screens not going to sleep while on calls and face dialing. As I recall, several people in that thread actually found that using their left hand and holding it to their left ear instead of the right actually solved their problem. Go figure... For the record, the phone is supposed to sleep during calls when using either ear, either hand, your shoulder, walking, running, laying down, etc... ( I can say this because mine does so flawlessly and has since day one). I've noticed one common aspect in a lot of people's situations is having long hair, but for the life of me I can't figure out why that would matter. Also, do any of you having problems have cases on your phones? I know early on people were having this problem because the cases they had on their phones were obstructing the proximity sensor.

86chick

Reaction score
Mine does it all the time as well....and i do have a case on it?

rcoppley

Reaction score
EVERY SINGLE PHONE CALL - EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE I'VE HAD THIS PHONE!!!!!

I love the phone and its features, but if anyone finds out why this happens, PLEASE I beg anyone to tell how to stop the issue from happening. Phones great other than being in the middle of a conversation and talking about an important matter and the person not hear a word you say.

rcoppley

Reaction score
Phone call interuption from dialpad problem!

I love the phone and its features, but if anyone finds out why this happens, PLEASE I beg anyone to tell how to stop the issue from happening. Phones great other than being in the middle of a conversation and talking about an important matter and the person not hear a word you say.

rcoppley

Reaction score

davekay

Reaction score
My problem is that my cheek always opens up the dial pad during calls and when the screen touches my face it starts entering numbers during a call. It sucks and I wish there were an easy fix!