Phone Broke =(

strobez395

Reaction score
Alright....so I was planning on going to Verizon this weekend for a big piece of dust under my screen..and I'm at work this morning and drop my phone and now it won't turn on.

I have Verizon's "Total equipment coverage" Should I go to the Verizon store and just say "oh the battery is dead thats why it doesnt turn on..." and go for the dust reason? lol or am I going to have to pay an 89$ deductible now and just had really bad luck..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright....so I was planning on going to Verizon this weekend for a big piece of dust under my screen..and I'm at work this morning and drop my phone and now it won't turn on.

I have Verizon's "Total equipment coverage" Should I go to the Verizon store and just say "oh the battery is dead thats why it doesnt turn on..." and go for the dust reason? lol or am I going to have to pay an 89$ deductible now and just had really bad luck..

I'd just go to the Verizon store and say, " My phone has dust under the glass and now it doesn't work." They should give you a replacement, but it won't be a new Droid, it will be a refurb.

It may be better to do this over the phone then going to the Verizon store. Most of them are very good but I've seen enough cases of people having issues getting returns from Verizon store where Customer Service doesn't hassle you at all.

Good luck to you.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Drop it again. That's should get it to turn on :D

I'm for the truth too. If you have insurance that's what they expect to be covering. JMHO

OP
S

strobez395

Reaction score
Haha I was never not planning on the truth. I found out I'm covered for anything. I have the extended warranty which covers if it stops turning on and that stuff for free. And I have the coverage for if its lost, stolen or smashed/dropped in a body of water...hurricane, tornado, etc. but thats the 89$ deductible which is better than 600 of course. I was surprised that the insurance didn't cover what my problem was (it not turning on) only the extended warranty does....so i asked the guy...if i dont have the extended warranty and that happened i should just bury my droid in my backyard and say it was stolen? and he said that works. but it so happens that i do have the extended warranty...so no funerals for my droids.

So basically I got a referb droid for free when i went and it works perfect and is put together much better than my first droid...headphone jack, charging port, everything is better.