Phone app freezing during call

Songman

Reaction score
This is a fairly new problem I am having. I've had my Droid for about 7 months and absolutely love it. But for the past few weeks I can be on a call and it will go dead. I look down at the screen and the Droid icon with the caller info is blank but the End, Speakerphone, etc buttons are still there. They are there but they will not work. At that point I have to go back to Home. Then I can go back to phone and place the call again.

At first I thought it might just be Google Voice but it has happened on regular calls as well as Google Voice calls. I don't think there is a connection but I have also started having trouble with the GPS not connecting to satellites.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have not added any new apps recently so I think that can be ruled out. Thanks.

naknak95

Reaction score
Make sure you didn't download an app that has access to Call Features. I had this problem before and it was because an app can have access to certain phone features. When you go to download an app and press Install, it will say "This application has access to..."

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the part about you not installing any recent apps. It can also be updates to apps you already have.

OP
S

Songman

Reaction score
Thanks. I will give that a look. I have done updates recently. I hadn't thought about the problem coming from updates.