PDair flip case

MikeFL25

Reaction score
PDair Leather Case for Motorola Droid Milestone - Flip Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

This case is exactly what I am looking for....a nice flip case to protect my Droid and screen while I am out/in my car/in my pocket, etc. Also it would provide some padding if the Droid fell.

There are only two things preventing me from getting it, and I hope someone has experience with this case and can answer. First, does the plastic cover that goes over the slide-out keyboard make typing on it more difficult? Second, since the small clip used for closing the case is magnetic, anyone know if it is strong enough to activate the docking mode on the Droid?

Thanks, I would appreciate any help you could provide!

BluepointVance

Reaction score
I have the horizontal version of this case. Love it. I too was worried about the plastic covering the keyboard. But it's actually no problem to type on (writing on it right now.) The magnet is small, and snaps on the front of the Droid -- so it doesn't invoke the dock/car modes...

Over all, I really like the case. So, thumbs up from me.

OP
MikeFL25

MikeFL25

Reaction score
Ok, thanks so much for the info!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Very impressive looking case. I would buy that one of I was going to use a case for mine.

kiwiguy

Reaction score
If you can wait a couple of weeks** then this case from NOREVE should be on the market. A little more expensive (~$50), but looks very good quality.

** I wrote to the company last week and their rep wrote back with following info:

"We are expecting the Droid case to be released the 2nd week of January.
- It will likely be a vertical flip case like the ones for the HTC PDA.
- The keyboard will definitely be accessible inside of the case"

It is also a flip up case versus the PDair case - which is flip down. I (carefully) taped pieces of cardboard to my Droid to try to figure out which is more convenient and for me the flip up seemed more natural - although I am sure it is largely a personal preference....:)

1527d1262884823-new-market-noreve-leather-vertical-flip-case-droid-motorola_droid_milestone_case_black.jpg

fujitsupalm

Reaction score
PDair Leather Case for Motorola Droid Milestone - Flip Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

This case is exactly what I am looking for....a nice flip case to protect my Droid and screen while I am out/in my car/in my pocket, etc. Also it would provide some padding if the Droid fell.

There are only two things preventing me from getting it, and I hope someone has experience with this case and can answer. First, does the plastic cover that goes over the slide-out keyboard make typing on it more difficult? Second, since the small clip used for closing the case is magnetic, anyone know if it is strong enough to activate the docking mode on the Droid?

Thanks, I would appreciate any help you could provide!

Hi,

I had a similar case from PDair for my touch pro 2.

PDair Leather Case for HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 - Book Type (Brown) by PDair - PDair.com

to be honest, it got a little in the way, but it's not hard to give it a quick trim, trim it down to a U shape, leaving around 5mm of this clear film to grab hold of the rims of the keyboard compartment, and once such easy mod has been done, it's a very sweet case indeed!

kiwiguy

Reaction score
If you can wait a couple of weeks** then this case from NOREVE should be on the market. A little more expensive (~$50), but looks very good quality.

I just received an email that the Noreve case was released this morning. See this thread for an initial writeup and photos on it that I posted. I am ordering one today!!

pilesofbooks

Reaction score
Is it easy to take the phone out of the case...like every night to put in my media dock to charge? Or is it more of a once its on, you won't want to mess with it:blink: case? Thanks for any information. These look great and I basically want a safe home for the day and be able to easily get it naked for night ;)

mszv

Reaction score
Wait - you can actually use the keyboard on the PDair case, through the plastic?

I saw the plastic and I thought - "that's not what I want"! Now I might have to reevaluate.

I may get the Noreve case instead, assuming you can use the keyboard while the Droid is in the case. It's so insanely beautiful and there are all those colors!

BluepointVance

Reaction score
I just want to update my previous impressions of this case... starting today I am now having problems sliding the keyboard out on my Droid with the PDair on... the screen seems to be sticking in some manner to the plastic that covers the keyboard. This, needless to say, is a serious let down -- not to mention a major pain in the ass.

As such I can no longer recommend this case... And I'll try to return this one if I can. This is a complete bummer because this case had been perfect up 'til now for the few weeks I've had it.

kiwiguy

Reaction score
Someone just gave a rave review on the PDair vertical case on this thread with lots of photos.

[I wish they had put their review here rather than starting a new thread - but I guess that is the nature of these forums!! :blink:]