Pattern Much?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Using it. Nice. It seems to be just one more layer of security, if I ever needed it.

Most of you staying with 4 nodes, or have you gone crazy with your patterns?

I tried to make a 7-node pattern, but after 5 nodes, it would unlock. I think 5 is the max.... Try it with a longer one and then just get up to the 5th one and it'll unlock the phone...at least that was my experience.

Clownassasin

Reaction score
Yeah i use a pattern, its easy to perform. But the only reason why I have one is because the hip holster that I bought for it had magnets and sometimes my driod would pick up the magnets and think it is in the car dock and unlock itself and then end up remainng on for 10 minutes.

JamesX

Reaction score
First few days I used 9 nodes. But then I realized how much hassel it is when the screen turns off so fast. So I reduced it down to 4. Keep in mind the 4 nodes do not have to be consecutive. You can skip (like 4 corners).

TheOldFart

Reaction score
First few days I used 9 nodes. But then I realized how much hassel it is when the screen turns off so fast. So I reduced it down to 4. Keep in mind the 4 nodes do not have to be consecutive. You can skip (like 4 corners).

You can't do 4 corners without hitting the nodes between the corners. To do 4 corners would require hitting the 3 nodes on the way to the 4 corners, making it a 7 node lock pattern. the only way to only do 4 corners would be to lift your finger from the screen and then the last node will not register. They have to be adjacent nodes.

JamesX

Reaction score
You can trace between nodes :) But it is very hard to do if you are using one hand.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
You can trace between nodes :) But it is very hard to do if you are using one hand.

I just tried it and, if you'll notice, it assumes that you intended to use the nodes between the corners. It highlights 7 nodes, even if you don't go over the nodes between the corners. You can unlock it either by hitting all the nodes or going between them on the way between corners. It still thinks that you are using 7 nodes, therefore you are effectively using 7 nodes to hit the 4 corners..