Overly sensitive touch screen

FrankNatoli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Any way to reduce touch screen sensitivity, perhaps require longer touch, on Droid Turbo? Have repeated unintentional calls, app starts, all manners of operations, with Droid Turbo that never occurred with years of Droid Global.

Also, any way to remove all the incessant Google demands? How to remove Google voice prompt at top of screen? How to remove constant "update Google Play services" request? Google appears to own my phone although I pay for it not them. Thanks.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Go into system settings, display, scroll to the bottom and see if the "increase touch sensitivity" box is checked. If so, uncheck and see if that helps.
qUg28dF.jpg

There may be another setting I'm unaware of, but that's the only one I can think of.

OP
F

FrankNatoli

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thank you, but I'm afraid my Droid Turbo's Settings, Display does not have an "increase touch sensitivity" checkbox. It does have:
(1) Brightness level
(2) Adaptive brightness
(3) Wallpaper
(4) Sleep
(5) Attentive display
(6) Daydream
(7) Ambient display
(8) Use long press for menu [this is the only option that appears to be input related]
(9) Roaming banner
(10) Font size
(11) When device is rotated
(12) Cast screen
Settings, Language and Input does not appear to have any input related options.

JDH

Reaction score
I have the opposite situation, mine has become less sensitive since update to 5.1. I sometimes have to tap several vtimes to get response. I too looked for sensitivity setting to no avail. I do recall being able to set it on another phone or OS. Thinking it was my razr maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There's no increase or decrease sensitivity on the turbo..are you running a case or a screen protector?? You might try installing one of the cheap plastic ones they sell at vzw..other than that...lock your phone and turn of the Motorola add on that keeps waking it or unlocking it..mine are off and I don't have this issue ..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also, any way to remove all the incessant Google demands? How to remove Google voice prompt at top of screen? How to remove constant "update Google Play services" request? Google appears to own my phone although I pay for it not them. Thanks.

To remove the Google Search bar, long press on your home screen until you see Wallpaper / Widgets / Settings options appear. Select Settings > slide the Google Search (on home screen) option to OFF.

I would think that updating Google Play Services once would make that message go away. Updating that should ensure you have the newest Play Store, so you can keep your apps up-to-date.

TatDroid

Reaction score
My Turbo's "display" options are much different than yours, cr6:
047e2ea4d651fc95726853a6c8a74336.jpg

3adb5545ba50c6070e66671fa5f05fdf.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo

pahioman

Reaction score
Any way to reduce touch screen sensitivity, perhaps require longer touch, on Droid Turbo? Have repeated unintentional calls, app starts, all manners of operations, with Droid Turbo that never occurred with years of Droid Global.

How about the butt dialing from those idiotic speed dialing buttons. I could kill Moto. My Friends think I'm a doosh.

Anyway to get rid of those please post it.

Verizon had no fix.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How about the butt dialing from those idiotic speed dialing buttons. I could kill Moto. My Friends think I'm a doosh.

Anyway to get rid of those please post it.

Verizon had no fix.

Aka turbo tooting your gf...eh??

pahioman

Reaction score
Idiotic speed dialing buttons?
The phone app comes up with your recent calls in a grid of speed dial buttons. You can clear the list but it just recreates them.

I guess I could download a different phone app.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The phone app comes up with your recent calls in a grid of speed dial buttons. You can clear the list but it just recreates them.

I guess I could download a different phone app.

I assume that with absolutely no lock screen at all that the screen can come on by touch, and then the Phone app will open to the default screen? I thought that even with the None option in the screen lock settings that you could not just simply open the phone with a single touch (like being in your pocket)?