Overclocking help

mgarney26

Reaction score
What is the best app to use to overclock my phone and what setting should I use for my DROID 2?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Set CPU. I don't have the D2 so I'm not going to guess at the settings. Generally speaking you'll want to set the low end around 250-500, that will give you good standby battery life. The high end depends on which you want more, ultra fast speed with some heat, or fast speed and a little better battery life. Play around with the settings until you find what's best for you. Just like the kernal you select, each phone will need its own "profile" because each phone will run different based on the apps you have. Sometimes it takes some playing around to get it right. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jrummy's "android overclock" is also a great overclock app. I own both android overclock and setcpu. I use android overclock everyday and its simple yet very effective. Hope this can help out. By the way they are both very nice apps

Sent from my Liberated D2

LocoRon

Reaction score
Third option: Quickclock Advanced.

I grabbed it because someone else said it was better than Android Overclock (this is my first time manually overclocking my phone). Here's the thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-overclock-vs-quickclock-advanced-review.html

It makes it really easy: Just set it to calibrate, and it will manually set up everything, then you just select the profile you want. The only con I have with quickclock is that I don't think it has tasker support yet (the dev said in other forums at the beginning of this year that he would try to implement some tasker support later).

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
And exactly what does Overclocking do? Just make the phone faster?

OP
mgarney26

mgarney26

Reaction score
Yes, and and allows for inter-dimensional travel, but make sure your battery is fully charged because you definitely don't want to get stuck in Candyland like I did. Sure, sure, you think it'd be fun, but not so much...

And in your opinion for my droid 2 what would the best setting be to overclock this badboy...and no candyland doesn't sound as fun as most would think....pretty sure I've been there twice with this phone...lol

logan6

Reaction score
This thread has been really insightful. I have a few nooby questions to add though. What are profiles? What's a good scaling frequency? How come I can't scale my phone over 1000MHz? (I am using Android Overclock)