Overclocking Apps>???

Palantirion

Reaction score
I currently have the Overclock! app, and my droid is rooted and running Android 2.0.1 and Helix. My question is this: Is there a free overclock app that actually works???

Overclock! has a very good GUI but will not overclock past 500mhz, even though the GUI seems to indicate that it will go up to 844. Regardless of what I select above 500 it will revert to 500. Please help!

toddegreene

Reaction score
Before you can set your speed, you need an overclock kernel. ChevyNo1 has good ones. Just follow the directions. Also, it would be worth your while to invest a dollar or two in setcpu, the OC kernel manager. There are threads on optimal configurations.

OP
Palantirion

Palantirion

Reaction score
Before you can set your speed, you need an overclock kernel. ChevyNo1 has good ones. Just follow the directions. Also, it would be worth your while to invest a dollar or two in setcpu, the OC kernel manager. There are threads on optimal configurations.
-So even with SetCPU I would need to install a kernel, and then use it as a manager? Sorry for the newb questions...but apparently I am still a newb.

thread

Reaction score
Before you can set your speed, you need an overclock kernel. [URL="http://alldroid.org/threads/16507-UPDATE-New-Kernels-Low-Voltage-Medium-Voltage-3-2
-So even with SetCPU I would need to install a kernel, and then use it as a manager? Sorry for the newb questions...but apparently I am still a newb.

Yes. You still need the overclockable kernel.