Overclockers, question for all of you

superglen99

Reaction score
Okay so the camera, we all know how slow the stock camera is to both open up and then to snap and show a picture. As of right now it takes 8 agonizing seconds from the time I press the camera button till the time its ready to shoot. then it takes 5 long seconds from pressing camera button to show the picture I took. I know I know you can lower the mega-pixels to speed up the refresh from picture taken to picture shown but that defeats the purpose of having a 5 MP camera. I also am looking for times with the stock camera not a camera app like fx camera or whatever. I want to know what are the times for all you over-clockers and what speed are you running at.Also has your neocore benchmark fps changes since over-clocking? I am unrooted. 20.6 fps. Thanks a lot!

jrl9851

Reaction score
At 800mhz, it takes 2 seconds from the time I click the app until it's ready to take the pic. At 1.2ghz, it takes a little over 1 second.

This is with the stock camera app with the highest settings and everything on auto.

I'll tell you the benchmark if you tell me how to check lol.

EDIT: At 800mhz, it takes 2 seconds to show the picture after I take it.

I'm also running live wallpapers, so it might be faster without live wallpapers, but I don't feel like checking lol.

Last edited:
OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
thanks and only one person?? come on people. to check fps benchmark download neocore free from the market. Its actually really cool cause it shows all the amazing 3d stuff your phone can do. also, does anyone know how to make the title of the thread bold?

r-dubya

Reaction score
I concur with the second poster. Just tested it out for ya, and the increase is load time is substantially better then stock. From the time i press my gold camera button, its approx. one to two seconds @ 800Mhz

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
I think that might be the final straw to root my droid. I was at my bros birthday party last night with lots of picture worthy moments. The problems is I knew by the time the camera was ready to take a picture, the moment would be over so I didn't even bother. But at 2 seconds or less that is as fast as a regular digital camera! Thanks guys and would like to hear more results from other over-clockers

r-dubya

Reaction score
No problem man, head over to DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. if you want an app that will do it all for you. Of course you will be running the shole(droid now)mod updater running b*tchin Baegal 2.0.6. If you don't want that rom though, you can always flash something else. That app just does all the "dirty work" of rooting your droid, once rooted however, switching from rom to rom is easy via SPRecovery and Nandroid.

If you do use that app to root, first make sure you have your droid set up to allow apps not downloaded from the market to run (settings>applications>allow unknown sources). Then head over to the website mentioned on your droid, and you will see a link to allow you to download the app. When you click on it you will be given an option as to what to do, chose the one that makes the most sense (cant remember exactly what that option is) and allow the app to run and install. After that, if you need any help, just search this site, there are TERABYTES of threads on here about the sholesModUpdater (Now known as the DroidModUpdater or DMU).

Hope that helps! :motdroidhoriz: