Overclock editing for SS4.96

tbone73

Reaction score
yes...you can move lp from /data/app to /system/app. If you use lp, I actually suggest you do that...because it is much smoother IMO.

If you do that...leave ADW launcher in /system/app, move lp to /system/app, reboot....then make lp your default...THEN go back and delete the other 2 (launcher2 and adw).

That would be safer than doing all the steps at onces...because if you dont have a launcher at all in system...the only way you will get it there and be able to boot is through adbshell.

I use lpp, mainly because of the lp widgets, and dock bar customization. It does take up more memory though.
Right on, I moved my LPP from Data/app to system/app and moved ADW from system/app to SD folder. Now I only have one launcher. I wanted to keep the apk so I didn't delete it, i stored it for future needs. At least now it's not in my internal storage and possibly taking up resources. I did delete Launcher 2 when I installed the ROM as per Chevy's instructions. What do you think, should this be ok? Thanks for your advise, much appreciated.

tbone73

Reaction score
yes...you can move lp from /data/app to /system/app. If you use lp, I actually suggest you do that...because it is much smoother IMO.

If you do that...leave ADW launcher in /system/app, move lp to /system/app, reboot....then make lp your default...THEN go back and delete the other 2 (launcher2 and adw).

That would be safer than doing all the steps at onces...because if you dont have a launcher at all in system...the only way you will get it there and be able to boot is through adbshell.

I use lpp, mainly because of the lp widgets, and dock bar customization. It does take up more memory though.
Do you think I'll still get the updates? If so, will it reinstall it in my system/app folder? Not that it matters i can just redo what i did today but just wondering.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Do you think I'll still get the updates? If so, will it reinstall it in my system/app folder? Not that it matters i can just redo what i did today but just wondering.

Sometimes you can...sometimes you cant. If there is an update and you cant install...download adw launcher, then delete lp from system, then reboot...download lp again...and uninstall adw.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I had stuck by LP for a long time until the last few updates and finally switched to ADW. I loved LP's 3d app drawer, dock customization, and rotation features. However, somewhere along the line one of the more recent updates seemed to slow it down by quite a bit, then the "widget resizing" that it tries to make me do every time I attempt to use a couple of my widgets made it the last straw. It enters into some widget resizing "mode", and the only thing I can do is press back, then tells me to buy pro. I have no issue with developers trying to recover costs for their time and labor, but it's unacceptable to bombard me with it 10 times daily. Combined with the fact that it started going far slower than it used to, I took the plunge and put ADW on.

I paid the 2.99 and gave up an energy drink for a day...and paid for plus features. can resize widgets and unlocks lp widgets...which are awesome. Calendar, people are the main two I use. Well worth the cost of unlocking lp.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i wanted to ask a quick question about pushing apk's to my app folder. I only use Launcher Pro Plus as my launcher, and if i was to put LPP in my app folder and remove ADW and install LPP would that make it my default launcher and help keep it in memory better? Or will it even make a difference? I'm not having a problems with redraws with 4.96 and if I did then i ran the echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop on terminal. Thoughts???

Chevy included the ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 line in the build.prop file. Its not needed to do the /data/local.prop for this rom. I doubt it would hurt anything, but just thought Id add that it was included in the rom

tbone73

Reaction score
i wanted to ask a quick question about pushing apk's to my app folder. I only use Launcher Pro Plus as my launcher, and if i was to put LPP in my app folder and remove ADW and install LPP would that make it my default launcher and help keep it in memory better? Or will it even make a difference? I'm not having a problems with redraws with 4.96 and if I did then i ran the echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop on terminal. Thoughts???

Chevy included the ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 line in the build.prop file. Its not needed to do the /data/local.prop for this rom. I doubt it would hurt anything, but just thought Id add that it was included in the rom
Thats cool I didn't know that. I tested it to see if I had to do that and since my desk top stayed I didn't do it. Now I know why I didn't have to do it, it was already there. NICE JOB Chevy!!!. Thanks Yakitori for that info....

tbone73

Reaction score

what does interactive do? and is it better than ondemand and if so why? thanks

tbone73

Reaction score
what does interactive do? and is it better than ondemand and if so why? thanks

dvgb173

Reaction score
Lpp

I went to do this, but I don't see lpp in /data/app or /system/app.
Where else would it be?

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its com.fede.launcher.apk

Its not named launcher pro in data
Sent from my Droid

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its com.fede.launcher.apk

Its not named launcher pro in data
Sent from my Droid

How about com.fede.launcher-2.apk?

thats it............

also, recently LP had an update. Even with lp in /system/app, the update was successful. Just thought Id let ya know it will not effect market updates if its in /system/app. This is not true for ALL apps, but for LP its ok.

tan0116

Reaction score
Can Astro be used to edit setscaling.d1 in text editor? I can't seem to save the changes.