Overair Update a Droid Killer

jslack13

Reaction score
Just got back from Verizon where I was with 4 other people who were all having the exact same issues. Since the overair update our phones have been performing terribly and having issues until today where all of our droids started re-booting non-stop.

Nothing could stop the rebooting.

They had to to a hard reset and re-install the update from a computer. Seems that the overair update didnt fully install or was corrupt.

So far it is running great. Now I have to go and re-install everything which as we know is irritating.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
No issues here, went very smooth. Were you traveling during the update? Battery run out? Poor signal strength?

bottlecap

Reaction score
Just got back from Verizon where I was with 4 other people who were all having the exact same issues. Since the overair update our phones have been performing terribly and having issues until today where all of our droids started re-booting non-stop.

Nothing could stop the rebooting.

They had to to a hard reset and re-install the update from a computer. Seems that the overair update didnt fully install or was corrupt.

Any idea what has caused this? Has VZW pulled this update?

OP
J

jslack13

Reaction score
RE

I was sitting in my office when i updated it. No power loss or battery issues. While talking to the others with the same problem we all purchased at the same time so I dont know if it is just effecting a certain build or what.

Next time I will definately update by hardwire. So far the phone is working great.