Outlook email pushes...after a while

newdroid1

Reaction score
I have an odd issue that I haven't seen brought up here. I have my e-mail set up with my work exchange server. It works fine for the most part, except that it takes a while to push the messages. My old phone (Motorola Q) had nearly immediate push. With my Droid, it sometimes takes 15-30 minutes before a pushed e-mail will finally show up.

Has anyone else encountered this or know of a fix? Of course, I have double-checked that I have push selected for the account. I've read a number of examples of people not getting their e-mails, but never anything where they get the e-mails, but only after a while.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I have not seen this sort of delay. As a matter of fact, messages I often hear "droooid" before I hear the "ding" of Microsoft Outlook (when I am at my desk of course). My previous phone was a Q9m, and thus far the messages from my Exchange Server have been equal in speed to what I was getting with that phone.

TheCleaner

Reaction score
I have had the same thing happen as the OP. I've "fixed" it a few times now by changing to 5 minute sync...refreshing...then changing it back to "push". I've had times where it will go hours just fine and then suddenly it won't automatically push immediately.

Maybe there will be someone that knows a fix, perhaps.

themans23

Reaction score
I have the same problem, i have actually gone a whole day without getting a message till i hit the refresh button and got 40+ emails at once, I ended up setting it on 5min sync, it is a bit of a delay, but better than going hours before it syncs.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
Native email program sucks ass!! It works horribly with updating folders etc. I use touchdown. Either program at times needs a force refresh to update.