Outgoing Call Problem - Can't hear ring or person until phone is reset

neildw

Reaction score
For the last couple weeks when I try to call somebody (usually in the evening after work), the call will go through to the person however I cannot hear the "ring" in my DROID and cannot hear the person when they pickup. If I then turn my phone off and on, everything will work fine when I make the call again until the next day then the same thing will happen again. Its a bit embarrassing having to call someone twice after having bragged about how great my phone is. I have now gotten in the habit of just turning my phone off and on before I call anyone. I am currently running 2.0.1 and am not rooted. I did a factory reset last week but it did not solve the problem (however, I did backup all my apps and contacts before and reinstalled them after). I was going to try and wait until the updated to 2.1 and hope that fixed it but I am now tempted to just try and exchange the phone at Best Buy for a new one. I bought the phone the day it came out and did not get the insurance though. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem.

JCo352

Reaction score
I would exchange it. You can probably call motorola, and see what they say, it has to be under their warranty

junjuny75

Reaction score
ive had the same problem. seems to happen when i listen to music thats on my phone or from pandora/ last.fm

JKJK

Reaction score
For the last couple weeks when I try to call somebody (usually in the evening after work), the call will go through to the person however I cannot hear the "ring" in my DROID and cannot hear the person when they pickup. If I then turn my phone off and on, everything will work fine when I make the call again until the next day then the same thing will happen again. Its a bit embarrassing having to call someone twice after having bragged about how great my phone is. I have now gotten in the habit of just turning my phone off and on before I call anyone. I am currently running 2.0.1 and am not rooted. I did a factory reset last week but it did not solve the problem (however, I did backup all my apps and contacts before and reinstalled them after). I was going to try and wait until the updated to 2.1 and hope that fixed it but I am now tempted to just try and exchange the phone at Best Buy for a new one. I bought the phone the day it came out and did not get the insurance though. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem.
I have had this problem also. I found it usually occurs if you have bluetooth on yet with no paired device. Have not yet had the chance to test this further though.

OP
N

neildw

Reaction score
I dont use any bluetooth devices (and dont have bluetooth active), but I do have the Pandora widget active. Maybe Ill try uninstalling it and see if that does anything.

Last edited:

faxman75

Reaction score
Any fix? This started happening to me today. I do listen to music all day with my headphones on the music player and droid live lite. It seems to work fine when I keep the headphones plugged in to make a phone call but now when i'm unplugged and make a call I can't hear anything but they can hear me. I powered the phone off and back on and it's working again.

ZzEther

Reaction score
The phone thinks there is a headset/mic plugged into the headphone port. Try speakerphone and everything will work fine. Plug in a headset/mic and everything will work fine. Pair with a BT headset and everything will work fine.