Otterbox?

sublimewade

Reaction score
Ok dont have the rezound yet but is it possible to put the extended battery in without the back and cover with the otterbox only?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nope, tried it already, battery is freakin' huge.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah, its a bummer, huge battery, but hardly no cases for it.

pickaxe300

Reaction score
I too was looking at getting the extended battery, but havent yet because of this. I really need the otterbox protection in my field of work. Just throwing this out there, but would it be feasible to use a dremmel tool and cut the back out of where the stock cover is, and also on the plastic case of the otterbox. Esentially everything would still be protected, jus where the battery sits, would only have the rubber case part over it. If any of that makes sense to ya...lol I dont have the extended battery to compare, but in theory, I am thinking that it wouldnt protrude out any further than the case already is, and would still be protected from bumps, dings and dirt. What are your thoughts? Does anyone have the extended battery to where thicknesses could be guaged?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Uploadin some pics to my photobucket, will post link in a min, long story short, I don't think that will work lol, battery is just, huge lol.