Otterbox Commuter Case vs. Seido Innocase

cpjr

Reaction score
I would personally choose otterbox over seidio.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Droid 2 Otterbox case hasn't even been released, according to Otterbox.com.

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
hes right the otterbox for droid 2 is not released yet. if you look at the link you posted, it clearly shows the OG droid. the droid 1 has a different front than the droid 2, so it wouldnt fit.

They are selling seidio cases for the droid 2, but i would wait for the droid 2 otterbox commuter series case, imo

Cunha

Reaction score
It always seems like a lot of people are diehard fans of seidio cases - why do you all like the otterbox stuff better?

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
same as those with seidio..
i feel its just personal preference. the reasons people are diehard seidio fans are the same reasons people are diehard otterbox fans

want a droid

Reaction score
The droid2 is my first droid and I've never tried otterbox, but I jumped onto the seidio bandwagon the day it was released. I had been hearing rave reviews about it for the original droid so I figured it was worth the 30 bucks.

I've had it for about a day and I'm liking it a lot so far. Its sturdy enough and it has a nice feel. It looks great too. I would recommend it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Cunha

Reaction score
What are the otterbox cases like compared to the seidio? Just a lot more substantial? I am thinking otterbox might never even make a D2 case.

PinoyDroid

Reaction score
if you look on their website, the D2 commuter series case for otterbox is already in production and should come out soon. check out their website sometime, it gives plenty of information on their products and upcoming ones =)

Cunha

Reaction score
Heres to hoping! Now I have to decide between the seidio and the otterbox = / Do any car docks work with the otterbox?

arrjaytea

Reaction score
As much as I love the Seidio cases (and I do), I'm going to hold tight on ordering one until the Otterbox is out.

Otterbox cases, even the Commuter line, are often too bulky for my tastes, but I also work in an environment where a little extra protection could go a long way, so I'm 50-50.

If the Otterbox case will fit in the stock car dock, protection factor will probably lure me from Seidio.

Cunha

Reaction score
I cant imagine this case fitting in a stock car dock =/ With the covered ports you will probably need to take it off to use it on any dock.

For me I am trying to decide between the otterbox which seems like a better case overall (and never have a car dock) or the seidio with the seidio D1 dock which I've heard works for the D2.

Last edited:

arrjaytea

Reaction score
The dock does have multiple insets (i.e. it's set up to handle a case, and the only buttons are on top, so that's a plus), but on the other side by the sheer nature of the Otterbox' girth, I'm still willing to bet you're right, and its case will be a touch too much.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I cant imagine this case fitting in a stock car dock =/ With the covered ports you will probably need to take it off to use it on any dock.

For me I am trying to decide between the otterbox which seems like a better case overall (and never have a car dock) or the seidio with the seidio D1 dock which I've heard works for the D2.

Think of the Otterbox case as a Cadillac or a Lincoln, and the Seidio case as a Buick or a Mercury. The quality difference is significant, as well as the price. But, you get what you pay for. My choice would be the Otterbox.

-Mike