Otter box case

ncyrider16

Reaction score
I have the original droid case that i got from the verizon store, but im not happy with it because it is cheap and lets dirt get in between the phone and case. Im looking for a better case, and the one that looks the best to me is the otter box. The only thing is it looks bulkier than all the other cases. Can anyone tell me about this case and if its too bulky?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dude i have the seidio case and its probably the best out there. i had the body glove but the top piece kept popping off and that was bulky

so i got the seidio one (and the holster that fits the case) and i dont think i will ever get another case. 3 months and still lookin good.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
from what i understand, otterbox is in between the seidio (thinnest) and bodyglove (thickest) in terms of thickness out of these three. i should be receiving my otterbox case within the next few days!

JonnyFunFun

Reaction score
I just got my OtterBox yesterday. It's a great case. It fits on perfectly. My only two complaints are that the screen protector that came with it is junk - the "peel this sticker off after installation" sticker is held on by some sort of Chernobyl/dark matter adhesive. You cannot peel that sticker off without damaging the scree protector for the life of you.

The other complaint about it (minor) is that the phone does not fit in the multimedia station with it on - but that's no big surprise. Luckily it's super easy to take off, so it's not a big deal.

Other than that - I love the case - highly recommend it.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
just got my otterbox case yesterday as well. i had trouble putting the screen protector on perfectly so there are some minor issues there, but i think its mostly my fault. i got a call mid-application and my phone started vibrating lol. case is basically what i expected, pretty solid fit and finish. got my first smartphone (droid) tuesday and slapped my first phone case (otterbox) on thursday :D

SANhacker

Reaction score
My only two complaints are that the screen protector that came with it is junk - the "peel this sticker off after installation" sticker is held on by some sort of Chernobyl/dark matter adhesive. You cannot peel that sticker off without damaging the scree protector for the life of you.

Actually that sticker is on there to help you remove the upper protective layer which covers the the entire screen. Just like the lower layer you remove to apply the protector.

I've had the Verizon, Seidio and Otter Box. By far, I like the Otter Box the best. Just don't buy it from Otter Box. It is far cheaper at other retailers. Just Google "Otter Box Droid".

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
My only two complaints are that the screen protector that came with it is junk - the "peel this sticker off after installation" sticker is held on by some sort of Chernobyl/dark matter adhesive. You cannot peel that sticker off without damaging the scree protector for the life of you.

Actually that sticker is on there to help you remove the upper protective layer which covers the the entire screen. Just like the lower layer you remove to apply the protector.

I've had the Verizon, Seidio and Otter Box. By far, I like the Otter Box the best. Just don't buy it from Otter Box. It is far cheaper at other retailers. Just Google "Otter Box Droid".

I'm somewhat confused on how the Otter Box case is actually put together. You guys all speak of a screen protector - is that the gizzmo that covers the screen and prevents fingerprints and scratches? What if you don't LIKE those kind of things; you don't have to install it - right? I mean, it's an additional item to go with the cover for the bulk of the body and the piece that fits over the top of the Droid, right?

Sorry to sound so confused on this point. :)

-Mike

AShade

Reaction score
I had my Droid since last Nov. and had a Body Glove on it, a little bulky, the front was flimsy when sliding the keyboard open and very hard to remove the back if you need to access the battery or to just give it a good cleaning. Last week one of the tabs from the front piece broke off so after reading around I chose the Otter Box (ordered it Sat. and expect it any day. I read that the Otter Box is less bulky than the BG but not by much, but it seems that way, a little bigger than the Seidio, but some said the Seidio felt flimsy and the top would scrape when sliding the keyboard out.

Snapple

Reaction score
I just got my Droid today, I put the Otter Box on as soon as I took my Droid out of the box. It has already survived 2 falls with it. The first, it slid off my lap and fell between the car seat and console.Second, was at about 3 feet to floor. I let my mom look at it and she dropped it.

I'm somewhat confused on how the Otter Box case is actually put together. You guys all speak of a screen protector - is that the gizzmo that covers the screen and prevents fingerprints and scratches? What if you don't LIKE those kind of things; you don't have to install it - right? I mean, it's an additional item to go with the cover for the bulk of the body and the piece that fits over the top of the Droid, right?

Sorry to sound so confused on this point. :)

-Mike

The screen protector is optional. Its one of those peel and stick things. You can use the Otter Box with out it. The Otter Box just snaps around the phone.

Phixyrsion

Reaction score
Bought an Otter Box myself. So far I am pleased. Just a lil slick to the touch, and it has no belt clip/holster/contraption. Other than those two, this is a fabulous case.

Hard to find a holster without magnets.

AShade

Reaction score
Well my Otter Box arrived on Wednesday and so far I'm happy with it. It is slimmer than the Body Glove. It installs easier and is very simple to remove. It covers the power button, charge port, volume button and earphone jack. The covers are nice and the one that covers the power and volume buttons actually make them more user friendly, on the Body Glove, you had to precisely slide you finger down the case to operate it. It does add extra effort to charging, but protects the port from dust. It is more slippery than the Body Glove which I'm getting used to with one-handed operation but it does make it easier to put in and take out of my pocket.

Bottom line is that I like it better than the Body Glove because besides being a little slimmer, it's overall more user friendly.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well my Otter Box arrived on Wednesday and so far I'm happy with it. It is slimmer than the Body Glove. It installs easier and is very simple to remove. It covers the power button, charge port, volume button and earphone jack. The covers are nice and the one that covers the power and volume buttons actually make them more user friendly, on the Body Glove, you had to precisely slide you finger down the case to operate it. It does add extra effort to charging, but protects the port from dust. It is more slippery than the Body Glove which I'm getting used to with one-handed operation but it does make it easier to put in and take out of my pocket.

Bottom line is that I like it better than the Body Glove because besides being a little slimmer, it's overall more user friendly.

Thanks for the review after going through my second body glove I have been looking for another case. Vzw tried to sell me a case at their store that "was warranty and better" (same bs they gave me with the body glove that when I took back warranty no longer covers) The case they had cover the speakers and was a pain to get off. I saw a youtube on the bodyglove so I ordered one on amazon.

soops

Reaction score
Otterbox Case

To OP: I've had my otterbox case for 3+mo. and it worked very well. Ease of opening was one of the things sold me to it and also imo the case does not add noticeable size to the overall phone. Only 1 complaint though: I could careless of the huge "otterbox" text on the back. For a couple more $ I would pay for a cleaner look.

JbO0613

Reaction score
otter box... ehh okey

I was ecstatic when the OB came out, I originally got the Body Glove because i am terrible on dropping and damaging phones. The body glove was way to bulky and the phone did not slide very well because the case was so bulky. So i traded it in the day after i got it for the verizon OEM case... works well i guess but the Otter Box was the one i kept my eye out for... I received it the day after it came out and was not very satisfied with the quality... The rubber inside case is already coming apart from the outside hard case and case allows dirt and stuff to get in between the case and phone. The coverings for the ports are nice but do tend to get annoying at times. I have not tried the Seidio case but i am sure it is better. I just havent spent the money on yet another case and just sticking with the otter box.. All in all i was say try the seidio before getting the otterbox...

sporket

Reaction score
I've both and love both. If your need a belt clip---Seidio. If you find you'd rather pocket carry. then the Otter is top's there.