OTA Froyo

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Been with BB for quite sometime. With the ota 2.2 about to hit the street, is there any reason i would give up this rom for the update? Also, is it correct that i would have to give my device permission to take the update?

Sorry if this has been addressed, I searched but found no answer. thanks in advance

bbv.04
928 black glass
1GHz

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe with the OTA you have to be Non-Root to get it, or after receiving it you will no longer have SU Access. I am sure you know what that means, no more black glass or 1ghz

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
That is what i thought. However another question is, will the rom developers take the official release and make it better, I am un willing to give up my bb, black glass and overclocked kernel for a stock 2.2.

thanks to everyone for your help, i have learned a tremendous amount of information. my phone is running unbelievable, what a hobby!

EgooEspada

Reaction score
That is what i thought. However another question is, will the rom developers take the official release and make it better, I am un willing to give up my bb, black glass and overclocked kernel for a stock 2.2.

thanks to everyone for your help, i have learned a tremendous amount of information. my phone is running unbelievable, what a hobby!

No need to go stock 2.2 imo.
Rom developers will build a rom from that OTA update if anything.