Order the Droid X from Best Buy: Avoid Mail in Rebate!

J

JohnDroid

droid_x_side.png

I've often found myself asking why I should bother ordering my phone from a third party source. I prefer to order right from Verizon that way there are no hassles or hold-ups... but lately it seems that even Verizon can't keep items in stock and the lines at my local store are WAY too long.

With the Droid X, it appears that Best Buy is coming in to the rescue. They are going to give you some really good incentives to order from them. What might they be? Well, how about the fact that you won't need to do Verizon's $100 mail-in rebate, instead enjoying the phone for the $199.99 price without having to jump through that hoopla.

The best news? Best Buy Pre-Orders start today... so get to ordering! If you order with Best Buy please let us know in this thread so we have an idea of how many DF'ers will be upgrading to the X.

Edit: Don't forget, you may be eligible for an early upgrade, check out this thread for more information: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ns/45500-verizon-early-upgrade-promotion.html

Here's Best Buy's full press release on the situation:

Best Buy Press Release on Droid X said:
Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile have truly become the leading destination this summer for all your mobile smartphone needs – from HTC EVO 4G from Sprint to the iPhone 4 on AT&T to the upcoming DROID X on Verizon. Enthusiasts of the Android platform can be the first to reserve a copy of the new Verizon DROID X by Motorola today at Best Buy. The pre-sale begins June 25 and the smartphone will land in stores on July 15.

"With the buzz we've seen around the Android platform, Best Buy is confident that consumers will be thrilled about the Verizon DROID X by Motorola pre-sale," said Scott Anderson, senior director of merchandising at Best Buy Mobile. "It has been a great summer for smartphones with the HTC EVO and iPhone 4 launches, and the addition of the DROID X adds another strong option for our customers to consider."

The Verizon DROID X by Motorola features Google's Android 2.1 operating system, 4.3-inch screen and 720P HD video recording and playback. Android 2.2 will arrive to customers on the DROID X later this summer. The DROID X is available at Best Buy for $199.99 with 2-year activation, with no mail-in rebate hassle.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'll get it from Big Red and walk my rebate receipt over to customer service where they will apply it to my account as they always have. :)

jmonte345

Reaction score
I bought my Droid from BB and only had to pay $99 while Verizon was charging $299. I'll be using BB from now on. Sadly, no X for me though.

NytroGirl

Reaction score
That is excellent! I'm thinking the Droid X is for me as I really don't need the qwerty and it'll be coming out just as my AT&T contract expires. Yeah! Thanks for the info.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But I don't need a new phone. I just got this in November you see, and I can wait until September when my new every two rolls around. Really, I can wait.

I mean I wouldn't mind investigating the Droid X. Perhaps a nice Admin will purchase one for his hard working mods to experiment with and better help our fellow forum members.

hint. hint.

Mule65

Reaction score
I'll get it from Big Red and walk my rebate receipt over to customer service where they will apply it to my account as they always have. :)

I find it easiest to do it all online. Mine will be $150 with NE2 discount. FedEx free overnight and free return if no likey.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I find it easiest to do it all online. Mine will be $150 with NE2 discount. FedEx free overnight and free return if no likey.

My corp store let's me sneak in with the employees ;)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
If I'll lose my phone within the first 30 days of a new contract and Asurion will give me a new one , can I return the one that Asurion gave me in the first 30 days to quit the contract ?

ccrsems5

Reaction score
Just went and pre-ordered mine. Gonna add it to my second line that is due for upgrade in August. Just wonder if I can have two Android phones, with the same main account or will that cause problems. Can't wait for mine, will sell the Droid if I have to and add some other cheap phone on the second line to avoid the data charge...

Warner

Reaction score
I read about this today and think it's GREAT news. I didn't want to stand in a long line with my fingers crossed like some OTHER people did yesterday, and I didn't want to have a mail-in rebate (those always suck). So I called Best Buy today and they said I had to come in to do the pre order. So I stopped on my way home from work, hoping the list wouldn't be TOO long. I walked into Best Buy at 3:00 and bought my $50 gift card to get my name on the list. The funny thing is, they started a new page for my name....or so I thought....what really happened was that I was the FIRST person to pre order one from that store! I found that pretty amazing! Oh well, at least I know I'll get one on launch day and won't have to wait in some long a** line.....

Warner

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
Already preordered. First for my store, and felt great preorderin my droid as three other people were pickin up their iPhone 4s lol.