Only way to change default icons by rooting?

Reaction score
I'm tryin to figure out if that's the only way you can change an apps default icon..

I have bettercut but i wanna be able to change the apps icons so they show up in apps organizer labels...since i only have 5 app organizer folders with everything i need in them on 2 pages with the 3rd page being RSS widgets and the 2.1 news/weather, I want to be able to set custom icons that show up in the apps folders..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as I know Bettercut only changes the icon on the home screen. The icon will remain stock elsewhere (ie app drawer, or within apps organizer)

No work around without root.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
As far as I know Bettercut only changes the icon on the home screen. The icon will remain stock elsewhere (ie app drawer, or within apps organizer)

No work around without root.

Martin is correct.....No Root, No changing Native Icons...

OP
G
Reaction score
thanks for the replies. that sucks...i cant believe theres no way to change icons without ugly a** skins...

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Panda Home changes icons...I downloaded a picture of a Tiffany's gift box from the internet, saved it as a picture, and used Panda to change the icon for the market...I only use Panda for this reason, and the extra screens...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I LOVED that feature about PandaHome, it was so easy to change icons and the app names... wish they woudl put out an app for that only... PandaHome closes and F***s up way to often. Plus now i am rooted and Ultimate Droid is amazing...