One main thing I hate about the the droid 3

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of ur phones, but I know that it is hard to get my battery cover off. You figured they would have came up with a better design for this phone. I have to use a knife or keys to get mine open. Lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Hmm, I can always get mine off without any extra stuff. However, it is a sucky design. Glad mine pretty much never needs to come off.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I had to use knifes too, after awhile though of opening it up it comes off easily and still is durable

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Never used a knife, just a finger nail in the slot next to the power button. A friend's bionic was really tough--partially because we were afraid we'd break it. He opens it by running a thumbnail around the perimeter.

I'm not sure what makes the design "sucky". Perhaps some are just harder than mine.

Jerminator617

Reaction score
I found if you hold the phone kinda tight in one hand and use the other to push pressure on the battery cover while pushing up towards the notch, it comes off super easy

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
As for the fingernail. Option, I have none so that wouldn't work. Haha.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
As for the fingernail. Option, I have none so that wouldn't work. Haha.

Oh come on, grow a pair--of fingernails of course :p. I'll look at alternatives for the fingernailless.

louy99

Reaction score
You should hardly ever be needing to remove the back cover anyways

JesterMX6

Reaction score

well that statement is just silly.

anytime i'm doing any flash work or programming of the phone i pull the battery cover just incase i need to pop out the battery...so about 3x a week for me at the very least.

louy99

Reaction score
Silly if you're rooted and flashing not silly if you're stock. You can always alt, shift, Delete to reboot instead of battery pull

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Same here jester. I do a lot of things to my phone and taking the battery out if a must sometimes. And it is also good to do it as well regardless

astokes

Reaction score
Well it beats the hell out of the cover on my OG Droid lol that thing falls off if you even look at it wrong!

socalsx

Reaction score
the first time i could not get the damn thing off. probably took 10min. After about the 10th time it comes off super easy.

malaka

Reaction score

i have spare batteries and take the cover off at least once a day...i also have a sd card for music that i switch between my og droid and the d3 when im at work and dont wanna ruin my new phone...

fingernail works good for me sometimes its a little tough compared to the og droid which was awesome