one click root?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
hey i was wondering is there any way to one click root a D1 phone running the FRG83G build? I've rooted the long way before an just it was kind of a headache an this time i want to try overclocking an themeing an roms haha. i have set cpu already bought, so as far as overclocking i just need to figure out how to use kernals an such from chevy. so yea anyone know of the quickest way?

i see allot of old threads about like z4root an universal root, but idk if they cover this build number.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey i was wondering is there any way to one click root a D1 phone running the FRG83G build? I've rooted the long way before an just it was kind of a headache an this time i want to try overclocking an themeing an roms haha. i have set cpu already bought, so as far as overclocking i just need to figure out how to use kernals an such from chevy. so yea anyone know of the quickest way?

i see allot of old threads about like z4root an universal root, but idk if they cover this build number.

Not that I've seen. Sorry, you'll have to do it the old fashion way.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score

Not that I've seen. Sorry, you'll have to do it the old fashion way.

rats...

thanks though hook :) i guess nothing worth doing comes easy... so next question is where is the link to root this build?

Easy

Reaction score
Google super one click it was easy and rooted just fine just used it a few days ago to root my wifes and my droid.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
can i RSD back to 2.1 an one click root from there? i mean can i make it so my phone doesn't try to update back to froyo?

matt2783

Reaction score
I don't understand why you would want to go back to 2.1. Just download superoneclick from xda, it works on 2.2 and couldn't be any easier.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
dang it my post didnt update! i left my comp so when i came back i saw his reply after i replied lol. so i think im gonna try this one click root now do i create a back up on my comp before or after?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Supposedly SuperOneClick does work on 2.2.2, but I'm a fan of the "long way." AKA spc_hicks09 post.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
to me that guide gave me a head ache an theres like two or three diff guides on how to do it because i used that the first time i rooted an there was like the original post an then there was another guide on like page 7 i believe.