One click path or Hard reset?

orihc

Reaction score
I have a droid bionic unroot and clean... also un-updated. The problem is that i activated my phone and had to swap out my sim card. Now when i check for updates, it tell me to check back later... Ive read solutions where a hard reset would resolve the issue but I dont want to root and backup everything. Would this one click path to upgrade be a solution for me to not having to backup my apps and system files? or would i end up losing my apps n sys files any way with this one click?

Ive also been plagued by 4G drops in a heavy 4G reliable area. Oh and one app found missing one day... I really want to update. My other option would be to go back to verizon store and perhaps swap for another bionic. Has anyone done that and would it be possible to swap for a G-Nex or am i just kidding myself? Just a thought. THnx droidforum community!

IanG

Reaction score
One click path to upgrade would not resolve the issue, no. Have you tried doing a battery pull? Also, one click would completely reset your phone (apps, data, etc... even though you don't need to do it.)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I have a droid bionic unroot and clean... also un-updated. The problem is that i activated my phone and had to swap out my sim card. Now when i check for updates, it tell me to check back later... Ive read solutions where a hard reset would resolve the issue but I dont want to root and backup everything. Would this one click path to upgrade be a solution for me to not having to backup my apps and system files? or would i end up losing my apps n sys files any way with this one click?

Ive also been plagued by 4G drops in a heavy 4G reliable area. Oh and one app found missing one day... I really want to update. My other option would be to go back to verizon store and perhaps swap for another bionic. Has anyone done that and would it be possible to swap for a G-Nex or am i just kidding myself? Just a thought. THnx droidforum community!

i would go to vzw and tell them the update service hasnt worked since they gave you the new sim and they will give you another one no problem.
if you want the up date, put this on your sd card Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! boot into factory recovery and choose, install update from sd.
you dont need root or any special tools, that is the official update you should have gotten already.

i would still get a new sim even if you flash the update....

zirkdog

Reaction score

With all of the updates and versions floating around, just confirming you are still on .886 and can't get .893 (the only official OTA) to download?

OP
O

orihc

Reaction score
@Zirkdog-yeah still on .886...i know its a fossil with .9 coming out

@bweN diorD- so thats the manual update file? Do i have to rename the file to update? Thnx. Also, do you think the sim card is faulty or just do it as a just in case deal?